New Years/30's Blocks THANK YOU'S!!!!

bobbi

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trish, Terri, Elizabeth, Melora, Karen S, Bonnie Botts, Sue O' Brien, Marlette, Brendalee, and Dianne Brodin:

Have any of you received any blocks yet? You are the only ones that don't have names flled in yet on the spreadsheet. Kind of sad when I look at it and see that.

Hopefully you will get some blocks this week.;)

Oh, Lyn, I am so sorry I posted my thanks on a different thread. I did get my block and have shown it to everybody I know. I love, love, love it! I love your color combinations and it plays so nicely with the others I have received. Thank you and please forgive!

I myself am waiting to hear from:

TerriV, IA

Satu, AU

MeloraN, OR

ElizabethP, IN

KarenS, LA

PeggyL, MI

BevH, OR

Susanne, AU

These have been sent out 8 days ago so they have time to arrive (except to AU). Hope they are not lost!

Originally posted by JustSewSimple

I myself am waiting to hear from:

Bonnie B, NY

These have been sent out 8 days ago so they have time to arrive (except to AU). Hope they are not lost!

Like I stated in an earlier post....I can't get off my hill right now...and I am sure its there....will try to get down to day....

Well that was a stupid move....slide literally down the hill, got to the Post Office, and guess what...the lobby was closed...something that they have never done before on a holiday...at least you could get to your box, but NO...it was tighter than all get out. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr...okay will try again tomorrow.:(

I just mailed out these 15 blocks on Thursday, the 15th :

Shannon Kratochvil - she received it

Bonnie Russel - she received it

Roberta Wright - she received it

Laura Hendrickson - she received it

Susanne Hughes

Rita Kilpatrick - she received it

Maree Ratcliff

Kristie Watson - she received it

Nadia Wilson - she received it

Marylyn Jones - she received it

Sue O’Brien

Denise Cornett

Laura Kroeker

April Wright - she received it

Teresa Taylor - she received it

And these 2 were mailed out on Friday, the 16th:

Cindy Lowe - she received it

Celia Swain - she received it

Please be watching your mail. I know the ones to Susanne, Maree, and Nadia will take longer to get there, but the others should be there this week.

Celia, your block was the first to arrive. Thanks for thinking of how wet the weather can be and putting in a baggie before the envelope. I love the red!:)

Marylyn I also received your block..how clever to machine embroider it too. Thanks.

Nadia, that's the right address for Geri. She's on my list too. Really nice of you to fill Martha's spot.

Back to my blocks;)

A big thank you to Karen Bennett, Celia Swain and Marylyn Jones for three wonderful blocks!

Celia, I love the the little duck fabric that you used. No questioning that it is 1930's fabric.

Marylyn, Your block in great. I'm quite impressed how you were able to embroider your name and address in the space that you did without going over onto the printed fabric.

Karen, Thank you for the wonderful block. The colors are wonderful. Also, thank you for the magazine and travel brochures. Trust me if I could be on the next plane south your way, I would be. It was interesting that there was an article in the magazine that you sent on the Amish community. I have visited the Amish in Pennsylvania and lived/worked on a farm in New York State that had alot of Amish in the area. Amish quilts have become big business for that community.

Sorry to all that were waiting for an acknowledgement. Last week I worked, at my real job, over 50 hours. This was on top of getting hit with an awful cold, you know shakes, chills, congestion, runny nose, sore throat, etc. On top of which we had 3 good snow falls which needed shoveling. I spent the last week and a half, working, shoveling, taking care of the kids and crawling into bed. I stayed off line, except for checking my email. Today I seem to be on the upswing and it doesn't look like it's going to snow!

Thank you all again, Dianne

I have been remiss and have not thanked Celia Swain, Karol Kusmaul, and Marlyn Jones for the beautiful blocks which I did receive. Every time the mail runs now, I am out at the mailbox, looking for those special envelopes. This is so very much fun. And to those of you on my list, I plan to mail out my blocks by the end of the week. Many , many, thanks!

Gloria

A big thank you to Celia Swain, I received your beautiful block today. Excitement building, I now have 2 blocks.:P:P:P

I have noticed that my two envelopes have had the wrong postcode on them :(so anyone posting to Karen Bennett in Australia my postcode is 4850.;);) They have still made their way to my address but I don't want to tempt fate!!!

Still waiting to hear from 2 of my recipients, hope you have your blocks girls:cool::cool:

I'm so glad to see that some of the blocks have made it to their owners! Thanks for letting me know that you received them.

I'm a little concerned that 7 blocks, going to destinations in the states, haven't made it yet, :o while the one going to Canada has arrived safe and sound! I'm hoping that it's just the weather holding them up and not that they have gotten lost.

Archived