New Years/30's Blocks THANK YOU'S!!!!

bobbi

Originally posted by Susanne.Hughes

Good Morning Teresa and Ladies,

To date I have only received one Block and that is Bonnie's. I am looking forward to receiving the others. Remember, we are a little further away down here!:)

Regards

Susanne,

I am getting a little worried. I sent my blocks around the 12th and Maree received hers on the 20th, which also went to Aust. Do I need to send another block or do you think I need to give it longer?

Also I haven't heard from Nadia (Canada) and both these ladies are posting thank you's so I'm thinking I need to resend two blocks. Help.... Any thoughts?

Jennifer

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

Just wanted to let people know that I send personal thank you's sent snail mail. It takes a little longer but it was the way I was raised. I try to get them in the mail the same day I receive the block . So if you have sent a block and it has been several weeks please u2u me so I can send another thank you

Melora

Melora....we all thank you for your special cards and they are very special to receive, but Teresa is trying to keep an actual count of who is getting them and who isn't so that when we are all done we know who didn't fulfill their so to speak contract. If you reply to us only with private thank you cards (which I have received a couple of them and they are grand), and not on the forum it might look like you haven't fulfilled your obligation, and I would hate for that to happen...please for me ;) just a quick note in both places, it will never take away from your personal warm thoughts in the cards.

This is the first block exchange I have ever been in, and I didn't see this thread. I have just figured out how to mark them as favorites, so in the past I have looked at only the today ones, and that is hit and miss.

I have recieved three blocks, which I assume to be gorgeous! To keep myself on task I am not allowing myself to open the squishy envelopes until mine are done! Keep in mind I work 2 jobs and have 2 kids, so sometimes things get hectic, so I thought this would be a great motivator! I have to walk past them each day, and it is killing me!

I was remiss however in not noting on the board so you didn't worry about them getting to me, just didn't dawn on me! Sorry!

I have recieved two squishy envelopes from the following:

Celia Swain

Marylyn Jones

And one BIG envelope with squishy parts and not so squishy parts? Its killing me BAD!!! This one is from Karen Bennett.

I plan on starting mine this next weekend! I hope to get them done so I can open them and enjoy them and determine how they all may play together!!

Thanks and again sorry for my ignorance!

Brendalee Haunschild

In case you missed my thank yous, I have recieved beautiful blocks from:

Karen Bennett, Karol Kusmaul, Pat Noonan, Teresa Taylor, and Lyn Crump. Love them all.

I mailed all my blocks out Friday so hopefully you will recieve them this week. So Pamels Sperling, Sheri Butler, Sylvia Blissett, Terri VanderBosch, Ruthie Wasmuth, Satu Simmons, Melora Neminski, Elizabeth Pukerandm Karen Simons, Peggy Lucas, Bev Hogan, Janice Davis, Bobbie Patillo, Collen O'Kane, Jen Ward and Karen Lesueur be on the lookout for your block. I made cute little cards to inclose with the block but... I guess I was in a hurry to get them to the post office I forgot to put them in the envelope. Sorry.

PamH

Belated Thank You

Sorry folks! I was off work last week and no access to a computer. I have received lovely blocks from Marylyn Jones, Roberta Wright, Celia Swain and Jeanne Rumans. They all look so pretty together. Also thank you Roberta for the calendar, my GD almost took it for her purse. She's 4.

Brendalee and April, I am glad you got the quilt blocks. My job was outsourced a year ago so I have nothing but time on my hands and was very excited to have something to do that is why I sent my blocks out so early. Actually I had already made duplicate blocks in case some were lost in the mail.

Janice not to make myself sound dumb and surely not trying to imply that you are :P, but when a block says its to finish at 12 inches when completed it should actually measure 12 1/2....now if your machine isn't sewing an actual 1/4 inch you may have to do some playing with your width so you are.

I have one machine that sews a perfect 1/4 inch seam, and I don't have to play with anything, but all the others I have to actually play each time so that I can get a scant 1/4 so when I press I have a perfect seam. If you haven't ever done this take three strips 2.5 each and sew a seam one each side of one...when you go to measure it....it should be an accurate 6 1/2 if you get anything other than that you need to move your needle over a bit till you get it right. or in my case put up some tape to block my foot....as I don't have one those side rail feet on all my machines. I keep forgetting this and somedays I just go to sewing and when I stop to measure I have trouble....not a good day in my neigborhood:(

Bonnie,

No offense taken. I thought that it meant that a 1/2 inch would be left as seam allowance but not so. Ask me how I know. I did a scant 1/4 inch seam and it is exactly 12 inches. I got the pattern from Quilters Cache and it states that it is a 12 inch block, and it is. I just received one from Bev that was from QC and it is 12 inches also. On another site(can't remember which right now) it stated 12 inches finished and 12 1/2 unfinished on their blocks. At least this way you know that you have a 12 inch block when the blocks are joined together. Otherwise you end up with 11 1/2.

Well...with that being the problem then....i guess we could redo it in EQ and then it should be correct. but doing a 1/8 inch seam would never work with the block as it is that is for sure. HmMMMM buggers can you send me the link and which block it is and I can redo it for you in EQ and maybe that will help a bit. I will be away for the morning tomorrow, but can have it for you tomorrow afternoon....shouldn't be to hard to fix.

Heidi and Janice,

Thanks for these posts! I have been looking in QC for a block also and I automatically assumed that when she posted a 12" block that was the finished size!:o

I have EQ but have never gotten the hang of using it. I'm not too intuitive when it comes to software. Sure am glad I have a son who is a computer sciences/bio med engineer. Definitely got that gift from somebody other than his Dad and me. DH is worse than I am except for the CT and MRI and the associated stuff when reading "films".

Anyway, I'll be sure to check those patterns I've selected. I wouldn't want to cut them all and find out they were all wrong!:mad:

Originally posted by Marlette

Heidi and Janice,

Thanks for these posts! I have been looking in QC for a block also and I automatically assumed that when she posted a 12" block that was the finished size!:o

I have EQ but have never gotten the hang of using it. I'm not too intuitive when it comes to software. Sure am glad I have a son who is a computer sciences/bio med engineer.

Marlette,

EQ is one of those programs that you have to use to remember how to use it. Once it sticks it sticks. Get the workbooks and work through the lessons. You can skip around in them. Concentrate on the things that you like to do, for instance if you like piecing then concentrate on making pieced blocks. If you like applique but want to change things around play with that. I've taught EQ at our LQS as a block of the month type thing and most just need somebody to sit them down and make them use it. This litterally took me less than 5 minutes and that included finding the block. You do have to have a PDF writer to be able to print to a file. You can print the directions that quickly!

Now I know that 15 of my blocks have made it to their new owners!!!

I only have two I haven't heard from yet:

Lauras (Laura Kroeker) and

Maree in Australia!

Maree might not have it yet, but I hope that the other is with Laura or else it's lost. :(

Thanks all of you have posted that you have received your blocks. :D It helps to know you have them and that all of that work wasn't in vain because they are lost in the mail somewhere!

Archived