New Years/30's Blocks THANK YOU'S!!!!

bobbi

Oh Susanne! I'm so glad you received it and like it!! I hope it goes with all you others!

It's strange that 2 have arrived safely in Australia and there are still some States-side that I haven't heard from!

Cindy Lowe - gsleader

Denise Cornett - neicie

Laura Kroeker - lauras - ooops she's gone for a few more weeks

Nadia Wilson - nadia

Laura Hendrickson - sewcozy

Have you girls received your squishys yet??? 11 have arrived at their new homes... 5 are somewhere in wonderland!?

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Guys, Thanks so much for letting me know my "squishys" arrived safely. I am like Bobbi, however......all of my blocks made it to their new homes ....even two for Australia, except still do not know about those for Melora, Trish, and Brad. Hope to hear soon.....

Glad you liked the info about Hattiesburg, Lynn. I live about 20 miles to the northwest of Hattiesburg and our little place just does not have a brochure....pretty small! Enjoy your pizza this weekend!

Gloria

Has anyone heard from Elizabeth Pukerand, or Peggy Lucas? I have posted here, have sent them a u2u, and have sent them an email. I still haven't heard from either. Here are my plans: I will just guess that they DID get their blocks and will not send them another one. Later, if either contacts me and says they didn't recieve one, I will send out another. Now, GramieSnooks (Bev), I have your new one made and I am going to send it out on Monday. :D

Does that sound fair?

Dear Roberta,

Thank you so much for my block. It will look great with all the others.

Thank you too for the calander. When we were in the States in 1995/96, I became very interested in the Native American culture. I would have loved to be able to visit Chaco Culture National Historic Park, but time didn't allow it.

I was able to squeeze a day in at Mesa Verde however. The Geoff and the children really enjoyed it as well. Just means I have to get Geoff to organise another trip to the US soon.

Once again, Thank you so much.

Regards,

Sue O'Brien, thank you for the lovely Grandmothers fan. You sweet note about watching your own grandmother reminded me of my own Grammie. She, too , could do anything including play the piano, harmonica, ukulele, and banjo, all self taught!

She was the personal seamstress to the Mrs Proctor and Mrs Gamble as in the detergent company in Cincinnati! Needless to say she was a whiz with a needle and thread. She taught me to sew at age 5.

I love the way you constructed the block! I'll have to remember that.

I have 4 blocks now.

Susanne - I am glad you liked the block and the calendar. It is funny, I have never been to Chaco Canyon. I have been just about everywhere else around here but not there. I think we will make a point of seeing it this summer. If you do ever make it out this way again, there is another lovely monument down near Silver City that has a great short hike and you can really explore all of the dwellings. It is in the mountains surrounded by pines. Really pretty....

I got 3 squishies in the last few days! I owe thank you's to Gerri Smit, Sue O'Brien and Holly Weisberger. Thank you all for such beautiful blocks. I can't wait to start putting this quilt together. I finally got mine started, I have about half of them finished. Will post the list when I have them all ready to send.

Today, I recieved two wonderful Grandmother's Fan blocks! One from Sue O'Brien and one from Holly Weisberger. Sue is in Florida and Holly is in California and yet these blocks are so similar that they look like they coordinate. I love it!

Sue I love the way that you finished off the points of the fan. It looks like alot more work.

Holly, Thank you for the cards and the pressed penny. I was out in San Francisco two years ago. Not far from you. I didn't see any sea otters, but did see alot of seals by Fisherman's Wharf.

Thank you both again, Dianne

I can't remember who I've thanked for sure, so here is a pic of the 8 blocks I've received including one that I made. From top to bottom, L to R these blocks are from Sue O'Brian, Geri Smit, Holly Weisberger, row 2 Gloria Garrelson, Karol Kusmaul, Celia Swain and 3rd row Marilyn Jones, Karen Bennett & the last one is an extra I made to go into my quilt. Thank you all so very much. I'm lovin' this swap with my Swinging 30's Swappers.:D

2092847350094956607S500x500Q85.jpg

Patty Jo,

Mine are so similar to yours.

Funny thing is, I was the one who said we probably would end up with 16 very different blocks since we were so spread out; and I have 2 fans and 3 churn dash blocks. And I won't give up a single one of them They are just great.

I hope the other ladies decide to fully participate. Probably they will come around soon.

post--13461901176888_thumb.jpg

Between the quilt show last weekend and family coming next weekend and our winter job at the mountain and four customer quilts, and now that my computer is back online (thought my hard drive crashed) I'm swamped. However, I did begin my blocks. Don't give up on me. I'm hoping March will be quiet since I'm called for jury duty. Boy, I started out determined to do them last year, but I'm SO glad we have until May first. Thank you for your patience.

Okay, ladies, fess-up. When you see a wonderful bock in a picture and you realize you are not on that person's list, do you make one like it for your quilt? Like, I make a Letha's Electric Fan because it was so great. And, I must confess, I liked Patty Jo's block so much I am about 1/3 way through with the quilt top with nothing but mini-bow-ties. Eeeeekkkkk! I have been bitten by the 30s bug!

Archived