New Years/30's Blocks THANK YOU'S!!!!

bobbi

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got 2 squishies today!!!!;););)

Thank you, Maree Ratcliff from Tasmania. My Clay's choice is beautiful! I love the koala bear embroidery included as an extra gift..you're so sweet to do that.:) When we visited Australia we were able to go to the nature center and hold one of the little "guys". Boy, they're heavier than you's think!:o I look forward to making something with it. You were so gracious to include the extra fabric on the emb. that it will make it easier to utilize the stitching.

I saw a group of rangers with a koala that they rescued from one of the fires and they had bandaged his paws.:( He was healing tho so it had a good ending.

Thank you also to Boni Russell for the Rolling Stone block..very nicely done and love the fabric. You were very thoughtful in copying teh selvedge and a strip of the fabric to let me know the info about it.

I really appreciated the story excerpt from Edie McGinnis' book. I remember hearing those aphorisms too! Oh, I'm telling my age:o That's OK I've earned every one of my 63 years.:D I also liked the poem you wrote about Feathered friends...yup, that's quilters

Oh, Thank you Bonnie Russell, i recieved your block todau and it goes great with the others.

Yes you are right this is going to make a great quilt! I can't wait to get all the others so I can get it together , and quilt it. This was a wonderful choice. great palnning! Thanks to all who had apart with the planning.;););)

Marylyn

Sew N' Sew Quilting

Grand Junction, Co

I'm so glad my blocks are making their way across the country and that you like them. It is one of my favorite blocks and always looks so nice with 1930's fabrics.

I have another one almost finished and it will go to Australia, and then just 2 more and I'm done.

Wow I got two squisheys today!! One from Maree in Austraila a beautifully pieced block with really wonderful color. She also sent an embrodery of a Koala Bear - on black fabric - beautiful work I can't wait to use it. It will probably go into a crazy quilt (for me of course). Thank you so much Maree!

I also got one from Boni from Oregon and the Nuts and Bolts quilting Co. Now which one are you Boni, the nut or the bolt? I love the block and the fabric. I'm going to enjoy putting this quilt together.

Everyone is sending something from their City or State. The biggest thing with have here is Notre Dame University - While it is a great school and all, I don't know what I would send... I'm not much when it comes to presentation. I pretty much just shove it in an envelope or box and... wa la you have it.

Maree and Boni thank you again you both obviously put a lot of time and thought into your blocks and I want you both to know how much you are appreciated.

You're welcome Kristie. Since you asked, I think of myself as the nut and DH is the bolt. He is the mechanic in the family who holds us together, and I'm the "flavor" of the family.

Glad you got the block and all.

Don't worry about presentation. Your block is the heart of your efforts. Anything over an ounce costs more anyway. I wish I had one of those postal scales!:)

Bonnie Russell -received your block -it's great...this is going to be a fantastic quilt! Loved the card, too -has a lot of true mom-isms!

I've still got my cast on and haven't forgotten the obligation...just need some time...am thinking of a pineapple block...is that good for the time frame?

Rita

OH ! WOWW!! Thank you so much,Maree in Austraila a beautifully pieced block with really wonderful color. Yes, She also sent an embrodery of a Koala Bear - on black fabric - beautiful work I can't wait to use it. This is so much funnn!

Very nice!!

Thank you!!

Marylyn

Happy Dance! That's six of my blocks received. Rita, Kristie, Marylyn, Celia, April W. and Marlette. Glad you like the block.

Melora, I got your block today! Thank you very much. The colors go so well with my other blocks--it could go either way--green/blue OR the pink/purple color way. You'd think someone planned it that way. What do you call the block?

Bonnie Russell - :) - I received your block. Thank you so much. I really like and appreciate your explanation of how you made it. Of course you touched on my gadget addiction too, ha ha.. I am now going to have to try this method and ruler. I also like how you photocopied the selvage with the fabric info and sent that along. Brilliant. Another thing I will have to do for projects in the future. Anyway, love the block thank you.

Archived