New Years/30's Blocks THANK YOU'S!!!!

bobbi

A big thank you to Merry Jo! Just received your beautiful block in the mail. I love the material, the flowers and the colors. And many thanks for the note about where you live. What a neat idea! I loved your descriptions of the area! If I knew how to do it, I would just quilt that note right into my final quilt! Wonderful!

Gloria Garretson

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Merry Jo, my block from you arrived in today's mail. Thank you for the pretty block and the newsy letter. I'm glad you found a place in your guild. Good for you. It sounds like fun. All the guilds here meet during the day, so I can't join, as I work full time.

Squishy envelopes are the best!

Thank You "Merry Jo" your block is so nice, it will go perfect with the others.

Loved hearing about Julian, when we lived down that way we use to go to the blue grass festable(sp) when they had one in Julian. Was so much fun. Was on the side of the mountain at the end of town. And loved those apple pies.

Teresa,

Glad you got the chocolates. I'm still involved with family. No time to quilt or sew for another week. I did finish eight blocks, and the other eight were sewn in patches before everyone arrived. I will check the post office today after being out of town for four days. Sounds like everyone is coming along with the project. :)

Yay, I got another block today :)

Thank you Marjorie, it is so pretty! I love the fabric with the couple doing different things of the time, like dancing and carrying a bushel of fruit. Fun. Thank you also for sending me the prettly angel label. It is a perfect label for this quilt. I am usually really bad about putting labels on my own quilts but this quilt is special and this will be my first "real" label. (I hate to admit that the labels I have done have been very shall I say primitive, ha ha) .. Thanks again, I love them both :D

Yippeee,

I now have a real International, Non sexist quilt in the making.

Thank you Brad Wakefield for your block I love the patterned fabric and the quilt labels that you sent with it.

Thank you also to Trish for your block. An unusual pattern what is the name of that block?

That makes 10 blocks I have received now, still really excited with each one that arrives.

Lyn Crump

Picked up the mail and found one squishy envelope from Marjorie Wakefield----what cute fabric! Little Dutch children playing with stick/ring game. I love it! I'm pretty sure it's a churndash block. Right?

That's Five for me. Thank you all! I updated my list on the other thread.

My blocks were put in the mail this afternoon. The following should be on the lookout for them: Sheri B., Sylvia B., Terri V, Ruthie W., Satu S., Melora N., Elizabeth A-P, Karen S., Peggy L., Bev H., Janice D., Bobbi P., Coleen O'K, Jen W. Laren L. and Margie W. Now I can enjoy my blocks without feeling guilty.

Pamela

Received your squishy it today's mail.

I have four churn dash blocks in my 11 so far and they all are completely different.

The fabric combinations are looking so great together. Not a single fabric repeat - I didn't realise that there were so many different 1930's fabrics around. Never looked at them before.

Lyn

Archived