Lady of the Lake photos

Here are photos of a quilt I made for my son for Christmas. I was lucky to receive 14 of these blocks that a fellow quilter won at a Quilt Guild meeting last year. So I only had to make 6 more blocks for the size of quilt I wanted. I let my son choose the quilting design. He is a surfer and chose spirals, and I used my CL. The border is done in a beadboard style. I used King Tut thread on spirals and black on border.

The quilt block is Lady of the Lake.

post--13461901078656_thumb.jpg

Originally posted by quiltmonkey

Nice job! Very cool; very masculine; very surfer-dude. :)

You'll need to change the title from "Lady of the Lake" to "Dude of the Surf"

Shana you too funny!! I'll have to tell that one to my son.

Thanks so much for the compliments. This quilt was especially fun to make since I didn't have to make all of the blocks. :D:D:D

Originally posted by chickenscratch

love the quilt, but love that doggy more. He's gorgeous. HOw old is he?

Teresa,

Oliver will be 3yo next month. He is very sweet, playful and clownish. These dogs stay puppylike until 5yo.

Fortunately, he doesn't like to hang out in my carpeted studio. He prefers the cool tile in the hallways so I can keep up with any stray dog hair:D:D

Susan, love the spirals on this quilt (and a few others you've done:D) I think they're great for a guy or anyone else for that matter! They really pert up a quilt! And I think I see one of the blocks I made in your quilt! I used to make the blocks every month for the guild. I have yet to win any in 2 years.........just my luck. I finally gave up. At first I wasn't crazy about this block. But after seeing them on the design board at the meeting, I really liked them a lot! Love the way your quilt turned out. I'm sure your son does too!

Susan, great quilt! Love the spirals and the dog. He loves so cuddly .

Hey shana.that Dude of the Surf would be a great name for that "man" fabric that Mark Lipinski had in the mag a few months ago. Hunky guys in swimsuits with surf boards, palm trees etc. Don't know...are gay guys called Dudes?:o Have to ask Mark about that.

Archived