Quilt Pattern Table

These are some pictures of the table my DH made to sell. He took one of my quilt top patterns and cut each piece of wood, which is 1/8 inch thick, and placed them exactly where he wanted them. There are no stains or dyes used.....these are natural colored woods.

There are 4 pictures w/out the base because he is not finished with it yet. But I would like your opinion of what you think and would you buy it??? I guess I am taking a poll. If you would buy it, how much would you pay for it??? Call me curious.

Here we go...........

post--13461901168579_thumb.jpg

Renae,

This is beautiful. I bet you could sell it. But to give an opinion, I need more data.

Let's hear some specs on this beauty.

Measurements like height and the size of the top.

What type of legs and will they be detachable or is this designed to be a folding table like a big TV tray?

How much does it weigh? A buyer would be responsible for shipping.

You said he used many different woods. Which kind did he use? Is it solid wood or a veneer?

Is the table sealed?

Is that mahogany? Walnut? Cedar? Redwood? Yummmmm!!!!! Are they all hardwoods? What is the lighter colored wood? It sure is pretty.

Renae, that is absolutely jaw dropping beautiful. Please tell your DH he makes great quilt hanger-uppers and great quilt table toppers, too! (I remember the big "N" quilt and that I said stood for for "NICE" Hanger!) Remember that??? lolol

Be sure to tell him that he did a great job matching up his points (lol) ;)

I know that A LOT of work (and time) went into this and he needs to factor in his costs for this specialty wood (which is expensive) and his labor. I would love to have one of these tables. I would buy one... maybe I better start saving my pennies!

I am thinking of my living room coffee table. Can he make one for specific dimensions and leg height?

My grandfather used to do inlayed wood furniture.

I would expect to pay well over $1000.00 for an end table size.

This to would depend on the leg treatment, and if there's inlay where the legs might join under the table.

It is very beautiful,

I saw a dining table done like a whole quilt, it was priceless.

Terry

I'm with Terry here...when I was working custom furniture in Reno...things like this would go for well over $800 to $1500 depending on size and materials used. Hardwoods are more costly. If he has any ebony in there that is VERY VERY expensive and a tiny sliver put into a piece jacks up the costs....it will all depend on size, materials, time and shipping.

As far as would I purchase something like this...yes, but I don't think it would be in my price range.

WOW!! What a great & unique table - your DH does wonderful work!! His choices of wood are wonderful. If I had a place big enough ............ condo living does not allow for much & Miss Ribbit has priority......... I think it would be cool to have ........... definitely 1000 +, but not an expert at what things cost. Having seen many custom pieces, they are always much higher so in reality this should probably go for 1500+.

Renae's husband here. Thanks for all the nice comments. Building these is my passion as her's is quilting. Starting from the center, the woods are: red, Paduck; black, Wenge;white, Maple;brown, Walnut; tan, Oak; yellow, Yellowheart; finally, trimmed with walnut. They are solid woods, not veneer, and inlaid on 3/4" base. The top is a 38" square finished with 4 coats of high gloss polyurethane varnish. I have a 5", 4 legged center pedestal to mount it on, however, that could be changed to meet a buyer's requirements. The pedestal is made from alder, a very nice wood, stainable as desired or left to a natural finish. This pedestal is 29" height, normal table height. I can get pedestals that are coffee table height, end table height or pub table height as desired by the purchaser. Or, we could put four legs under the table, again, heigth as desired. There's a lot of love in this one; it's one of a kind. I would sell this one for $1,000 plus shipping. I can make tables for each customer's specifications just like Renae's quilts.

Rick

Well, Rick,

I am drooling over the beauty of your work. Given the size, the intricacy, the finish - well, dang it, your work is out of my price range.

For the quality I see there, I would expect to pay many hundreds of dollars - your price of $1000+shipping is perfectly reasonable. My DH was very impressed, but then said "Don't get any ideas - I'd need better tools!", LOL.

Awesome work.

Mary Crossley

Renae and Rick the tables are super beautiful and I would love to have one down the road (maybe next year). I think 1,000 is more then a fair price. Just like the love and work we put into our quilts you put into your wood. Hand crafted items are rare these days and priceless!!!!

WOW! I sent a link to this to my sister to show her DH. They are in Ft. Collins, CO and he is a custom cabinet maker. This is wonderful! I see a breakfast table, game table, pub table, coffee table. It would be great with a conversation pit set. Cutting table! I bow to you Rick! Renae, you are a blessed woman...

Archived