I have been checking out this forum for a couple of weeks now and I just wanted to take a minute to say: you gals (and guys) are the best. What a great community of sharing and support. You should all give yourselves a big pat on the back.

As my newly adopted Millie sits in her boxes in my studio waiting for my DH and myself to put her together this weekend, I feel so much better knowing someone will answer when we call out HELP. And I am sure we will....probably more than once. But with support like this I am confident that we can get her up and running. So thank you in advance for taking the time to be good folks :) You all make the "newbie jitters" easier to handle.

I look forward having a long relationship with my new baby Millie an all of you.

Welcome Kim

Have a great weekend getting set up and ready to quilt. I am sure you will have a most enjoyable weekend. don't get frustrated if everything doesnt go just right on the first go around. there are always little stumbling blocks to get over but once done and everything in balance and level you will be in Love all over Again. Sorry DH she may have a new best friend for awhile. Congratulations and Welcome to the Family

Congratulations and welcome!!! Every time I read of someone just setting up their new machine I remember back to when mine arrive. The excitement was almost unbearable. Four years later I still enjoy starting each day on "my Harley" When I'm not quilting I'm usually thinking about the quilt currently on the table or getting the next one planned out. Yeah, time for a 12-step program for me.

Best of luck, be patient and the two of you will be best friends in no time. Does your DH cook? ;)

Kim,

Welcome to the family! Let us know if you have any questions, and be sure to get enrolled in your free beginner class with your local rep or at the national headquarters in Des Moines after you've had a chance to get to know "Millie" a bit :)!

You'll find assembly instructions inside the sewing head box, and a computer disk with the full manual saved on it in PDF form, should you decide you want to print it out yourself.

Get a pot of coffee on, put on comfy clothes, and you and your DH will have it up and running in no time!

Welcome aboard Kim, enjoy.. but RELAX, hold the handles EASY or GENTLY, don't race to the end, and remember to BREATHE... you will do well.

Many of us, me included, race to the forum to ask questions, when we should be calling Amy at APQS. You'll soon learn which are very techy questions and which are general knowledge to know where to ask first.

I met more long armers yesterday at the WW c lass & trunk show, but felt so rotten I haven't a clue of their names. All I know is they were Very Nice people, too!

RitaR

Welcome and congratulations. You are starting on a brand new adventure with the best machine and the best friends around. everyone has offered you very good advice. I think you can pretty much sign in here any hour of the day or night and find someone online to help you out.

sending you a big smile and hug

Welcome Kim!

I started reading this forum shortly before JJ arrived. Everyone said to remember to breathe. I thought they were just kidding. Then I started playing with JJ. They weren't kidding...BREATHE.;)

Just remember help is just a few clicks away.

Pamela

Welcome and congratulations!!! You are going to have so much fun (and some frustrations) but just stay tuned to this forum and you will learn soooooo much + these gals know so much and are very quick to help! If it wasn't for this forum, I would not have had the courage to get going as quickly as I did - we have some smart cookies here. Yeah to our great forum!!

Archived