Linda Rech's rullers/Throw out the Hartley Fence

You are all so great! I drug Dennis into the sewing room to read your comments--he says thanks, too!!

I finished a customer quilt today using the rulers--I have to walk the walk as well as talk the talk, ya know!! It's a Buggy Barn pattern with the cutest fabrics. And the crosshatching was easy to match to the 2" piecing.

post--13461901436216_thumb.jpg

My husband bought me a Hartley Fence for Christmas and I haven't had a chance to use it yet. Why would you want to throw it away? I'm still considering a Circle Lord and they have an attachment for doing cross-hatching. What's the difference between the CL and Linda Rech's ruler for cross-hatching. Not only do inquiring minds want to know so do beginners who haven't a clue what we're doing yet!!! :(

I would never disparage any other longarming tool.

I think the Hartley Fence is a versatile tool.

Our rulers are job-specific and APQS specific.

I received two nasty emails this morning condeming me for "bad-mouthing" another product.

Wasn't me!!:( Never said that!

Just a clarification.:)

Disclaimer done--

Thanks Bonnie, they sure look awesome. I did sent Linda an e-mail.

My Dennis had a look at them and says he can do them, so we'll look for some plexiglass today. I also want him to make me a block holder that will clip onto the the leveling roller and qt roller and hold a block pattern so I can work from the front of the machine with a laser. So many ideas, so littl time!

Have a wonderful day

The hartley fence works fine, I just am irritated that there is a need to walk around the quilt when doing the crosshatching on a very large space, you can't really line up the lines from the back with the Hartly, have to walk around to the front...unless there is some trick I am missing.

The circles are perfect, but I had some plastic circles made for less than $40 which I use instead of the hartley. Learned about the circles on this forum.

Just call me lazy, even though a walk around the machine would be good for me!

Originally posted by hollyc

Just call me lazy, even though a walk around the machine would be good for me!

I'm all for a good walk, but the one around the machine just doesn't get it....besides I wore a gizmo on my shoe to see how many steps I was getting in the studio...and thoughout the day it wasn't even enough to count. Even learned that if I moved my foot just right I could really rack of the count.... found I was doing that way more than I realized so it was totally false data....

Me too, I would rather walk around something other than my machine. SO I guess we could have a lazy club going here.

;)

It should be noted that we all have our preferences in tools that make us better long arm quilters. I too think Linda's rulers rock BIG time. They are very user friendly. I have not tried the hartley fence. I did buy the micro handles and base expander and sold them as I could not do anything with them (just me).Here is where we come to help each other and yes show case new items and quilts we have finished. You go Linda with your bad self !!!. Bo-Ya...

Nora

Millennium

Washougal WA

I did receive my rulers from Linda - Thanks Linda! I am chomping at the bit to try them as I have a custom quilt on the frame and then a second one - same customer to do that don't have crosshatching in the works...then I get to play with the rulers ! Can't wait! The more I hear about them, the more anxious I am to get to try them!

Vicki

Oh Linda I hope it wasn't me who got you the nasty grams.

I love your rulers because they attach to the bar so I have both hands free to steady millie. The Westalee rulers are also good but need to be steadied with one hand. The Westalee ruler does have rulers that can be changed out if you get their pattern ones from Australia. I can't comment on the Hartley Fence because I don't have one.

Archived