New Rule? Can I keep it?

I was wondering if we could somehow get a new rule started that we as the longarmers get to keep lets say one quilt a year. I don't want to be greedy or anything, but truly my customers bring the most awesome quilts and then once they are quilted I don't always want to give them back!:P:P:P

This one is especially my kind of quilt....it's for her daughters graduation, how do I trump that with possesion is 9/10ths of the law, or maybe "hey I did this one for free, and the extra benefit is it has been honored with being chosen for a display in the studio"??? any other ideas of how to keep it would be greatly apprecialted....or you can just appreciate what a beautiful quilt it is! I used Anne Brights August Rain b2b for the quilting which turned out great, hope the photo does justice2401270450103608595qXnbXt_th.jpg 2933715130103608595szdQAo_th.jpg

NO!!! Brenda Lee, you CANNOT keep the quilt. :P:P:P:P:P Your house is full of your gorgeous quilts. Breathe Deep. :o:o:o Call the customer. Tell her to pick up her quilt QUICKLY. ;););););) You did a fab job on the quiling. Looks great. Now let the quilt go home. HOME Brenda Lee. HOME. :P:P:P:P:P Hey--BTW you going to the meeting at Linda's or is your surgery going to get in the way? Melora and I are driving together. We could have some fun!!!

Nancy--Finally home for a day or two. <ggggg>

I wish I could go, but I will be drugged up with my foot in the air!!! Glad to hear you are home! Maybe you can come visit while you are here? We got some great photos from the trip, some not so good. Operator error! I did chicken out and took my camera but I learned a lot using yours and was able to work mine better. I think I will put on my christmas list some attachable lenses!

Brendalee!! You are famous! I was at my guild tonight and a member had a Cow a Bunga bag at show and tell. It was a gift from one of her quilt class students and she was looking for the pattern. I will email you the details so you can connect with a bunch of my guild mates! Also, please post a photo of the bag here. I am sure it would generate a lot of interest. I will see if I have a photo, but I am sure yours are much better than mine.

No one there could figure out a good reason that I should get to keep it either! Dang it, I guess I have to give it back.

Boy the fabrics are soooooo cool!

At least I got to pet it for a while:P:P:P

I put a new topic for the photos of the cow a bunga bag so you can see it. The cutie pie in the second photo is my daughter, and yes I made the pattern to fit build a bear, american girl and even one for Barbie! You never know???

You know Brenda...that if you decide that you like and want to keep this one the next one will also catch your eye and then you will kick yourself for taking the first one, and then where would you be. REWRITING rules....and then the customers wouldn't get to keep any, because you would become the quilt hog and keep them all....

I know this because I too once wrote this rule and decided that I too needed to keep all of them..ugly or not... SO walk away....and let it go out the door....:P

I saw this picture in my head of me running around grabbing quilts and snatching them, then I jumped to Charlie and the Chocolate factory and the girl who turns into the "big blueberry" YOU MY FRIEND HAVE CURED ME~!

I shall return the quilt with a smile and tell her how beautiful her work is and then graciously sulk off to my car with one and only one tear slightly hanging just by surface tension on the rim of my left eye....

Now you try to enforce that rule and I would bet your customer base will just jump off a cliff. :P:P:P

No we can't as much as I have threatened to, and even held onto the quilt ALL THE WAY to the customers car, I had to give it up....so if I can't keep one you have to give yours back as well...:cool:

Very pretty!! Don't blame you, it is hard some times!!

Trade for quilting?? I do that with a friend of mine who loves to make yo-yo's = crazy lady!!! She has made me about 1,000 so far between projects. I even offered to buy her a yo-yo maker, but she is not interested....

Archived