Another Swirlz quitl - I love my Circle Lord

Beautiful quilting Linda! I don't have a Circle Lord. Do I need one? :):):)

Oh-my, hanging out here really gets my creative juices flowing and my bank account in trouble! :)

Do you really truly love the Circle Lord system. I went to a demo class at Innovations, and I found it so technical and precise and I thought it wasn't for me. But, now when I see your quilt-----well, it's great!

I love my big Swirls template. I also have Baptist Fans and Clams and zig zag but that Swir one is so fun to quilt with. It is a great one to use for a quilt that is out of whack like old fintage quilts that have alot of bias edges. I just finished one with feed sacks with the swirls. If I could only buy one thing from cL it would be the Swirls.

Angie - it is so worth it. If you ever come south, we'll have to do a class.

You can do circles with the basic unit and no other templates. You can do nested or concentric circles with as little as a 1/16th of an inch spearation. I love to do double circles (outer is about 1/2 inch larger than inner) around a motif to really make it pop.

I wish I could remember what quilt I did that on recently. I find that my giant template are popular also. I use the Swirls (great on scrappy quilts like this one) and my Baptist Fans. The lines come out flawless, not a wobble or a flattened circle.

You know, sometimes you can find a used CL here. When a quilter converts to a computer setup, they sell off their CL.

I know that you modified your table but I cannot remember if it is one of the wooden ones. You can send Michael an email and inquire about the specifics of the table. (loricles@ loriclesquilting.com) Or just give him a call. (toll free (866) 510-6060 ). He is so easy to talk to. Tell him that you are from the forum, he likes the APQS chat forum.

I just bought a circle lord last week at MQX, mostly because everyone on here who has one loves it. The initial set up and several templates, aztec, ginkgo and featherz. Might have to go back and order starz. Michael and Kay were wonderful to work with. I'm just waiting for the arrival, I think it was shipped yesterday.

Linda I love the way swirlz looks on that quilt.

Dianne

Archived