HMQS-Last Try

Ok, this is my last try to post this photo. I won't annoy y'all anymore if this doesn't work.

If it does, I want to thank the spunky Shana for your help!

I also want to thank Kristina P for volunteering to take a photo of my quilt hanging at HMQS!!!! Enjoy the show Kristina! Wish I was there.

post--13461901791405_thumb.jpg

KATHY

That quilting is wonderful. I love the different fills in the circles. was the pattern from the circles around book?

I have one that I did with the technique that hasn't been quited yet. some nice eye candy you have there. Congratulations.

WOW! I'm gushing! I didn't know I'd get all of this wonderful feedback! Thank you all!

In answer to Jeanne, there was no pattern. My son had a picture of a rug that was similiar and asked if I could make something like that. I'm very traditional, but decided I was up for the challenge. I know the circles are not perfect and when I tried to fix them, my son said "no way I like them the way they are, this is art!" So yes, the wonkey circles are intentional. LOL! I was never fond of the quilt top, so I quilted it very heavily and now it's grown on me!

Thanks again! I could just listen to all of you all day!!!

kATHY

That is neat that your son saw the rug and thought about you making him a quilt like it. Sounds like something my boys would do. They think Mom can do anything and when it comes to pleasing our kids I guess we sure do give it the old college try and actually surprise ourselves. I wondered about where you quilted that lattice purple L shaped block how do you do that . the sequence I mean, how it goes over and under is there alot of stops and starts or what. I was looking and trying to see how it could be done without alot of starts and stops?

Thanks again everyone!

Jeanne, the basket weave is actually a stencil. I first saw it on one of Sherry Rogers-Harrison's quilts and just had to try it. It's tedious, but not difficult to execute. The center squares are all tightly stippled so you can go from one place to another with the stipple and you can backtrack tiny portions as well. It's a very forgiving pattern. But to warn you, it is very time consuming, but so worth it!

My son has great taste. He picked out my Cherrywood fabrics for this project! The one that looks purple is actually a rich dark brown. He had me make this quilt for his wife and she loved it!

Kathy

thanks for the information I just love that pattern, I think it would be worth the extra time as well. I will see if I can find a stencil. I have a basketweave board from R&S but it is very large and wouldnt work l for backgrounds fills.

I used 100% cotton batting on that one. I was really happy with that.

There is one section in there that has "faux trapunto" where I added a small piece of Airtex poly... and lots and lots of hours of quilting! That photo is a little less than 1/2 of the entire wall hanging.

Thanks bunches!

Archived