Any ideas for the sashing?

This is my latest quilt and the first picture is just the top. I was going to ask for ideas but then tried my hand at meandering. I've never done it but figured there was no time like the present. My question is from the next two pictures. Please ignore the threads (the quilt is still on the machine) but I need some ideas for the sashing that would go with the meadering. The sashing measures 1". You'd think I could come up with something, but my brain is fried after concentrating on all that meandering. Don't laugh, it WAS my first time to try! :)

post--13461901956365_thumb.jpg

Martha why would we giggle? you did a great job, meandering is just not as easy as we like to think it is to get it looking uniform and nice. Is this your quilt? I have these patterns and all the material but they are in my pile of PIGS. I like how it is put together

Just because I'm feeling spunky and want to be different today, I saw a really pretty design that works well in narrow sashing. I will try and tell about cause I don't have any pictures of it. It is a undulating curvy line with a very small leaf about ever 2 or 3 inches alternating from one side to the other. The leaf is only about 1/2 " long and with that much space between the leaves, it looks very elegant. It is SO MUCH EASIER than SID unless you like to do that. I think that it would really look nice with this elegant quilt. Just another .02 cents worth!!

Oh, thank you so much, everyone. I love this quilt and really can't decide whether to keep it or not. It is a MacKenna Ryan fusible applique pattern. I was really very happy with the way it turned out, and the meandering too! :) I'll have to sleep on which idea I'll go with for the sashing. I've been out to eat with friends and margaritas were in order, so I don't dare do anything right now! ;) But thanks for all your wonderful support!. I'll post a picture when it's done, whatever I do. . .

Ok, I finished the quilting and I decided to, as Shannon said, let the sashing be a resting place for the eye with no quilting. I think it kind of looks like each block is framed and I like it. I did do SID and it wasn't as hard as I was afraid it would be. It's not perfect but I'm pleased. Anyway, thanks for looking. Oh, and I haven't decided but am leaning towards keeping this one! :)

post--13461901960642_thumb.jpg

Archived