First quilt using crosshatch rulers

Crazy woman huh??? And to think I was trying to help you earlier!! LOL :P:D:):P

I used faux purple suede to build the tote out of and quilted it on Frogger before assembling it. I get tons of looks while wearing it. I added the zipper on top so I wouldn't lose anything. It makes a great bag for short trips out of town.

I did mark my rulers to do the spacing, so that isn't my excuse, I might have done a few lines from the wrong side of the ruler making the distance a little off. I will go back and take another look this afternoon. At 11:00 it is time to quit before it gets any worse. I probably will have to frog a few lines, ugh!! Mostly though the rulers are doing there job if I could only do mine. lol

OOps;) Did I mention the crazy lady looks beautiful? And she lives a long ways from me, right? ;) Thanks for the laugh. Good way to start the day.

Connie - The thread is a screaming bright pink poly from CanSew. At the right angle, it makes the orange fabric look almost irridescent.

I'm hoping the "crazy lady" bag is one of a kind, and it never gets stolen, because if I ever see it, I'm going to scream, run over and give the owner a hug. And if It's not you................ Can you imagine?

Quilt is beautiful...Tote's a stitch ! Always fun to make people look twice.

BTW, I just bought Cindy Roth of Longarm University marking stencil and crosshatching ruler... check it out. Cindy has the tutorial video on the website. Her fether guides are great too. She's doing another online class soon like the one she did for New Years Day. That one was great and for $25.00 you got the class and a DVD of it after it finished!

Archived