A "New" Tool for measuring

No, it is really an old, old tool used by us dressmakers. This is a pleater. Pull on it and it opens in the same increments. This is a great tool in quilting to take the math out of marking identical measurements across a space. They are not expensive and may can help save you some time.

post--13461902043974_thumb.jpg

Found it (love that Google). Ordered it from Hancock. $15 + shipping.

SIMFLEX EXPANDING SEWING GAUGE

The SimFlex Sewing Gauge gives you fast and accurate measuring. It's quick and easy to use. It has unlimited uses. Flexible and lightweight, silver finish. Expands to 24".

You are great, I have one of these somewhere from my clothes making days. When I was sewing they

were sold as a button hole gauge. Isn't it great how one tool can be used for so many things.

Thanks so much for the tip, might have to actually clean my sewing room to find it.

Michele

Sylvia

what a great idea, I too will look to see if I can find one. Everyone here is so helpful and full of ideas, ya'll are the BEST!!

Love what you are doing so far on your 1930's quilt.

Yes working from the front of the machine is harder, but so much fun. I go to bed every night lately complaining about my aching back. lol Keep up the good work.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived