Trip Around The World W/ 3D Border Applique

Finally got this monster off the frame.

117" x 127".

The borders were VERY full. (Piano Keys are a lifesaver)

and let's just say, the 3D applique was a challenge to work around, but I think the final outcome was worth it.

Spent many Late nights at the shop on this one.

Here are a few pictures.

Laura

post--13461902167883_thumb.jpg

I am in awe!!!

That is beautiful, Laura!

What possessed her to give it to you with the goo-gaas already stitched on? You are a saint to take it in like that--and bead-board borders to boot!

Great quilting choices! Looks like a zillion CCs all even and pretty.:)

Your leaves in the green first border are wonderful.

I was posting before you showed the back--wowwowwow!

Laura

This quilt is gorgeous!! Even though the quilting may not show up from a distance when you get up close and examine it is a real treat to see all that ruler work and border treatment designs. I dont always agree with the idea if the quilting isnt going to show just do an overall, because upon closer inspection it does show and that makes the difference if it is judged as well. I know all of those Cc's were alot of work but I think well worth the effort. It is wonderful!! And the back also shows off the quilting so well. Beautiful

Thank-You Ladies!

I am pretty proud of this one. The quilt definately had some issues.

My instructions were to quilt the center "Tight" and she wanted me to Echo the Applique.

I saw CC instantly and knew that it would be a lot of work, but would pay off in the end.

To break it up a bit, I used a ruler to do some crosshatching In the Dark spots in the center but everything else was freehand. (I am terrible with a ruler:()

After the first few days of CC, My shoulders would tighten up just looking at the quilt. Thank God for my Ipod. It helped me get into the groove of the CC.

The Border would have been a hot mess if I would have echoed it with all that fullness so I decided to go with the Bead Board Looking Piano Keys. Voila!! Borders Fixed. :D

They customer came to pick it up and Said " That's Nice" Paid and left.

Oh Well, I moved on to the next quilt. It will be entered in the county fair this week. I'll take pics as soon as it get's back from the fair.

Thanks again for looking and all your nice comments.

Laura

Originally posted by LFarnham

Thank-You Ladies!

They customer came to pick it up and Said " That's Nice" Paid and left.

Laura

"That's nice"???

"THAT'S NICE"?????!!!

What--is she blind or just spoiled?

I think a nice 25% jump in your pricing is in order if she ever brings you another top!!!:P:P:P

Laura, I agree with Linda, up your price for her next time. Hope your charged her accordingly for all the extra work on this one AND how many others would be able to handle that size!!! The quilt was ok before you quilted it, but after your quilting it was beautiful. She certainly doesn't appreciate a great quilter when she sees one. I do admire your attitude though -- on with the next quilt. You do beautiful work.;);)

Your quilting is GREAT! I can't believe she just said "nice" when she saw it. Maybe she just understates things and she was actually thinking "....OMGoodness!! This quilt is REALLY, REALLY nice!! Laura is the BEST quilter I've ever met and I'm going to bring all my quilts to her in the future!"

Archived