pics of progress

Here are some pics of the quilt I'm working on. I'm stuck on what to do in the flying geese and the little narrow borders. The crosshatching is proving to be a nightmare-don't mark your lines while the quilt is loaded:mad:-I ended yesterday on a high however with my very first 'c' shaped feathers. Check these babies out. (yes I'm very proud of myself, makes up for all the horrible things I said to myself over the crosshatching! LOL)

post--13461902346706_thumb.jpg

How about something like this? On the feather borders I did two versions. The one closest to the inside is DeLoa's which requires you to backtrack the scoop of the large outside feather. The other version is the one that Debbi came up with that requires you to echo. I have to think about Debbi's way because I've done it DeLoa's way for over a year. This makes such a pretty border and it goes so quickly!

post--1346190234735_thumb.jpg

Here is another option for the Flying Geese row. I would do SID and then 3 rows (if there is enough room) to bring the stitching to the points of the geese. Then do the cc stuff. If you stitch half of the oval shape in the middle and everything else and then complete the oval shape to come back down you can do it continuous.

post--13461902347551_thumb.jpg

Tracey

Your C shaped feathers are gorgeous, I would be very proud too, the rest looks great as well. I think Heidi's last flying geese and sashing drawings would be beautiful as well. Wow so much inspiration on here. No wonder I cant get any work done, I am Hooked on this Forum!!

Thanks all!! I was going to keep the whole thing a surprise for my friend. This is her quilt, but I couldn't resist showing her this post this morning. She actually squealed!!! Then she started to laugh and I got a "Holy S..."!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:o;) She is very pleased:cool: I'll post when it's done!

P.S. Thanks Heidi for the awesome ideas. I will do the second geese suggestion. I love that little design for the small borders. I had actualy thought of that one and you confirmed for me. Your all great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived