Wedding quilt - the bride loved it and toadsong meander drawing too

I love it. Turning 20 Again is the the pattern I use often when I know a quilt is going to get a lot of use and be laundered often. It's pretty, yet easy and quick to make. The quilting definitely gives the quilt an heirloom look. I'm sure the couple will love and cherish it.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for all the nice compliments. AND YES, the bride was thrilled with the quilt. She saw it late Saturday night and couldn't believe that I would take the time to make a quilt for them . She did not unfold it...but she did look at it and read the label and knows that she is loved. She told me she tried to do some quilting once...and never again...it was too hard. So she understands the time it takes to make one.

Yes, Bonnie you are correct about my kids. They are 12, 11, 9, 8, 6, 4, and 2. And keep me hopping.

As far as my Toad Song meander is concerned. I drew something out, but it is really just a loop meander thing I do that fills the spaces. The key is to try to make it consistently spaced. Hope this diagram helps.

post--13461902412259_thumb.jpg

Time management for sure , how you find time to quilt I dont know. Kids back to school soon, you will probably find more time then but you will still have at least 2 home that arent in school yet. Do you home school too?

I kind of envy having kids back in the house empty nest syndrome isnt all it is cracked up to be. thank goodness for grandkids to keep me hopping!!

I don't homeschool any of the kids. I find time to quilt because it is 'me' time. Don't we all deserve that. I work too outside the home but it doesn't require the hours a full time job does. :)

Sylvia, thanks for the comments about tmy quilting. I still have a long ways to go...but I am still having fun longarming. It is pure enjoyment for me. Especially when my kids make a top and ask to use Frogger. There is nothing better than watching them have fun too.

As far as kids go...my husband and I have decided that 7 is enough for us. We still have 4 more years till we are out of Kindergarten! I tease him alot about this...as we have gone through K 5 times and they (the school) still won't let us out!! :P

Kristina, just jumping in to say what an amazing woman you are. Your children are blessed, but then I bet the blessings go both ways. I wonder if your house gets noisy? LOL. My daughter who has 5, (8, 5, 3 and twins 1) called this morning and all I could think of was how does she put up with the noise? must be getting old. thank you for sharing the meander and thank you for sharing you.

I thought I would send you a pictuer of the quilt I made after I took classes with Myrna Ficken last March. I will be entering this quilt in the QUilt Fest Sept 24-26 in Jacksonville Florida.

Myrna is having classes in October and anyone that is able to go should try to get there!

post--13461902454101_thumb.jpg

Archived