Wedding quilt - the bride loved it and toadsong meander drawing too

I made this quilt for a friend's daughter who is getting married tonight. It is 90 x 105 and I pieced and quilted it. All freehand. This is my no-brainer meander that I like to do. I call the meander "toad song".

Double batt. 100% poly on top and 100% cotton on bottom. Isacord thread.

It is in the washer now...and then to the dryer for a 6 pm wedding. I hope the couple likes it.

I would have prefered to do a more complex quilt patterns...but time got away from me. I did the Turning Twenty pattern...yet turned 30 instead. In fact...I started piecing this top Thursday morning. All together, I have about 20 hrs into this quilt...and yes, the binding is even handsewn and included in the time. Can anybody else say "CRAZY"?!!!!!

post--1346190240205_thumb.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your first three words said it all, for a friends daughter. That doesn't make you crazy, it makes you the very bestest kind of friend. Of Course the birde will love it and the Brides mother will cry. You've done an excellent job ona very loving, to be well loved quilt.

Like I said, It would take someone younger, with more nimble fingers to make a quilt in two hours----and that all depends on how BIG the quilt was. Next time I need a quilt in a hurry, I'll just farm it out to you.

Kristina, how many children did you say you have? Seven??? You are one mighty super quilter! and MOM! and MOM spelled upside down is WOW!:P

I absolutely love that guilt!! Wow! I really am color challenged, all those colors are the color of everything in my house, I've been trying to break out of oatmeal but the only place I can seem to get anywhere is with fabric and quilts. Your quilting does not look free hand to me you have the talent and the touch!! Amazing you could get it done so quickly!! Beautiful!! These pics are definatley going in my e-file of reference quilts! Thanks so much for sharing!

Kristina

Crazy, well maybe but this is beautiful and you pulled it off in time. If I had tried something like that I am sure I would have had all kinds of trouble with tension, or something that would have taught me a lesson of not giving myself enough time. So glad that you were able to get it done so beautifully and so quickly.

I'm sure that the quilt was a great hit, and if not go get it as Auntie Bon would love to have it.

Your a women after my own heart....love marathon quilts they turn out the best for me...:)

Love it all....the Toad Song was I hit I'm sure.

Archived