Do you have Bags printed up for your customers?

I'm finially wanting to get some special bags to put my customer quilts in and want to know how many of you go to the extra expense of having them printed with your logo or information? And do you think it is worth it or would a plain bag be ok.

Also where do you order your bags from? Reason you chose them (price, shipping charges, just like the look?)

Thanks for any input.

I checked into bags at MQS, they figured out to be about $3 per bag. If people are like me, they couldn't find it when it comes time to use it. I use paper shopping bags. They work out great but not much protection fm the rain. Don't know the price of printing your name/logo. Can't be cheap. If I ever make big bucks I'll think about it. Is it worth it for a one-time customer?

I bought jumbo white craft paper bags from Uline.

I print out my label on the 2X3 mailing labels.

I did not want to have a lot of preprinted inventory in case I decided to move my studio into a retail space. It has turned out to be a good decision for me because we are getting ready to buy a new house, hopefully with a daylight basement for my studio.

PattyJo...if your not needing a lot of bags, but need a few to send quilts home go to the Dollar Store...they have bright colored gift bags and then use a 4x5 label and print my own up and stick to the front and back.... A good place to start till you know how many you will need.

Hi Ladies, I buy Comforter bags with zippers and breathable sides in the medium and small sizes with handles from Cleaner Supply. The cost me about 83 cents a bag and shipping is free if you order $100.00 or more. It is a real nice way to present my customers Quilt, all neatly folded, they have a reuseable bag to bring me their next one or store their completed Quilt in.

I beliebe you have a Cleaner Supply in the good old US of A? Check them out, sales every so often, great customer service.

I use to have the U-Line bags and put labels that I printed off on the printer with my info on it, was a nice touch but when I needed to reorder I decided it wasn't worth the expense and that I would rather use the $ I would have spent on bags and offer discounts here and there instead...my customers like that more than the bag that housed their quilt out of sight keeping them from binding it...;)

Thanks all - some very good ideas. I like the idea of printing out my own labels and putting them on. I staple my busn. card to the invoice for them, but they can get lost, so wanted my name in front of them to be able to reuse the bag to bring their next quilt to me. Also if I get unprinted bags, I could use them for other things. Bonnie, I also like the $$ Tree bag idea. We are having a Dollar Tree store put in within 1/2 mile of the house, so I wouldn't have to go very far. I'll be thinking on these ideas for a day or so. Thanks so much.;)

Originally posted by quiltlover03

Hi Ladies, I buy Comforter bags with zippers and breathable sides in the medium and small sizes with handles from Cleaner Supply. The cost me about 83 cents a bag and shipping is free if you order $100.00 or more. It is a real nice way to present my customers Quilt, all neatly folded, they have a reuseable bag to bring me their next one or store their completed Quilt in.

I beliebe you have a Cleaner Supply in the good old US of A? Check them out, sales every so often, great customer service.

Monika, which bags are you getting? I went to cleaner supply but can't find the ones you are talking about.

Thanks, Tracey

Dennis has some extra tote bags that he's going to screen-print with my logo and then I'll give those to my customers. Of course, this will happen after the 20 hat order for Fish & Game is embroidered, after the 100 hat embroidery and 100 t-shirt screen printing is done for Sierra Rescue, after the yurt is done, after @$#@ freezes over:o You get the idea:D:P Currently, I use these really beautiful bags from Costco...they're white with lovely red ties:P:P Not as nice as Shana's though...they don't say a darn thing on the side!

You girls are too funny!! I like the pretty colored frosted bags from www.bagsandbowsonline.com They are not too expensive and come in gorgeous colors and designs. I just bought some high density euro shoppers, 16", x 6", x 12" and they were about 63 cents per bag. They even have polka dots, leopard print, paw print, you name it.

Before I bought special bags, I used clear garbage bags. Clear?? Yes, I've heard horror stories about quilts in a regular black garbage bag going to da dump!!:o:o

After reading and posting here last night I went and had a look online. I found ULine in Toronto, Canada, and saw some sturdy Paperbags with handles. Since the bags from Cleaner Supply get very brittle in winter and tear easily, I decided to order 2 sizes of these brown bags. I know many of my customers are very concerned about the environment, so I think these bags will please some. I got 400 bags, 200 each of the smaller and 200 of the larger plus shipping and it works out to 53 cents per bag. Cheaper and better for the land fill sites.

Archived