Been lurking for some time

A few years ago I owned an ULT II and due to some health issues had to let him, Fred my machine, go. I sold him to a young lady who was just getting started in machine quilting and she has given him a wonderful home.

Although I am not quilting, I have been piecing like crazy.

Here is my blog url http://ninepatches9.blogspot.com/ with photos of the tops that I have made over the past few years.

It won't be to much longer and I will be a new to me owner of an APQS.

Hope to get to know some of you personaly.

Penny~aka NinePatch

Penny's Patches

Troy PA

Penny, Welcome to the forum. This is the best group of ladies. WOW, 37 tops ready to quilt!!! you really have your work cut out for you when you get your "new to you" longarm. I looked at your pictures and you have some beautiful quilts. When do you find time to do so much piecing and still take care of 7 kitties and a big farm? A fellow lurker, but learning so much. One day when I learn how to control my LA, I hope to finish a quilt worth posting. Until then, I'll watch for your beautiful work.:D:D

Hi Penny,

I am also a member of the Bucks County LA Guild, and I hope to meet you later this month at the meeting. I understand you are rather close to NY, so it will be quite a distance for you to travel to the meeting. One good thing is the location of the meeting is not very far from the Turnpike, so it should be convenient in that respect....but still a very long way for you.

Congratulations on the decision to buy an APQS machine. Which one are you getting? I have a 2005 Liberty which I bought in April 2008 from APQS. I love it! There are some good deals on used machines.

Welcome to the forum.

Sandy

Hi Sandy,

I had an ULT II years ago. After suffering a stroke, explaines my sucky spelling, I sold my machine. Now that my health is back on check I figured it was time for a "NewTo Me" machine. It does stink that I live so far north. Maybe I should just start my own group up here. There are a few long arm owners in the area. I'm not going into business, being a pieceaholic I want to be able to finish my own tops. I currently have 37 full/queen size tops waiting to become quilts. Quilting has saved my life in more ways they I will ever be able to explaine. I am thrilled to be getting this "new to me" machine and it has the extra's my Ult didn't so it will be a step up for me also.

Thank you for the nice welcome

Penny

Hi Penny,

Starting your own LA group might be something to consider. Or, perhaps you can get one of the longarm quilters in your area to share the driving with you to come to this area to the meetings.

Either way, congratulations on the new to you machine. I hope to get to meet you, if not at the guild meeting, perhaps at one of the quilt shows. Some of us are planning to go to MQX which will be held in Providence, RI in the spring of 2010. Something to think about.

Take care,

Sandy

Welcome back Penny! I remember when you were selling your other machine. I almost contacted you about buying it, but I really wanted a stitch regulated machine. I also had not convinced DH that I truly wanted and needed a longarm.

I'm sorry to hear that you had health issues, but it sounds like things are going well now. Good luck with your new machine. Sounds like you'll be really busy quilting all those quilt tops!

Archived