LQS's BOM

Hi Shannon, Terrific freehand or assisted quilting.. just so pretty. love the double ribbon candy, had me going for a few min. thought it was two circles one inside the other, at first.. then realized what i was looking at.

So pretty and so much fun!

ritaR

you asked....

okay....the black is the stitching...

first pass: do a ribbon candy line, BUT space it apart alittle and make the loops nice and fat and round (remember we'll need the room for the echo)

second pass: --the red line is the stitching from the first pass--visulize the center line (or chalk it) (i think it looks better if it's not 'perfect') and come back trying to hit the center line. the second pass will be less curve-y...it's more of a weave, then a candy...

wha-la! echo ribbon candy...i use this mostly in sashings to get me back where i need to be so as to keep my quilting as continious as possible. i'm not a fan of stops and starts...i wouldn't try to do this in a narrow (less than 2") border/sash...it will get dense quick...there i would just do the single ribbon candy...(that's one of my 'rules')

hope this clears things up and gives you another border/sashing idea for your quilting!

post--13461902744406_thumb.jpg

Archived