Anyone else have QTFDD?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Antoinette

I just proposed at my little group (5) that we bring stuff in we don't think we will ever finish and trade. Maybe someone else's UFO's will be more appealing than my own,

I've got a number of UFOs, also, just don't know the number! :P

I took a class from Beth Ferrier a few months back and she said that she periodically goes through her UFOs and when she has some she knows she will never complete she lays them out in her studio. Then she invites her quilting friends in for a visit and when they comment on one of them she will tell them she is just going to toss it because she knows she will never finish it. Of course someone in the group jumps in and says they will take it and Beth said she doesn't feel guilty, then, about the UFO because it is going to a good home. I think the trading is a great idea! I'll trade one of mine for a box of chocolate :P:P:P

I am guilty too. I did get to quilting most of my tops this past year. I still have about 4 to go, but the rest are in the NTBB (need to be bound) stage which is about 12 quilts. The binding is on, I just have to hand whip it down. I guess I figured that if I got it to this point, I can't lose the binding for the quilt:P:P:P or accidentally sew the strips into another quilt top:o:P:P

Now, if I count my stash of fabric assigned to a quilt pattern, all the other projects not started, all the supplies that go with them, all the fleeces to be spun in to yarn, the yarn that needs to be knitted up and the other unmentioned projects...I am in deep in the hole and digging deeper.:D:D Hmm...not sure if I can see daylight:P:P

QTFDD? I have a very bad case. I was hoping that Maggie Gray would help by encouraging me to get things quilted in a more timely fashion. I'm slowly going through my UFOs and using them to learn how to use Maggie. Of course, I'm also going through a friend's UFOs as well . . . . I can say that Maggie has reduced my desire to buy fabric; I had to move everything around while I was figuring out where to put her. I was shocked by how much fabric I kept uncovering.

Lynn

Since I have all this time on my hands (atleast 6 weeks), I pulled out one of my UFO's and started working on it. Who knows if I'll get it finish, I may see something I'd like to start on. I'm trying to keep the blinders on, but seeing all the beautiful quilts displayed here....I may get side tracked. I am hoping to get a couple UFO's checked off the list since I can't do any LAing for awhile. Besides Lilla is sitting on the work bench in pieces right now, finally getting those upgrades I purchased in early spring.

Well ladies, I was quilty of the QTFDD too until I got the quilt design software. Now, I have hundreds of quilts that I have designed, but will likely never make. Designing quilts is sooooo addictive, but much cheaper! So, if you need to shift from creating UFO's, try designing. You get the same satisfaction but without the cost and clutter. Now I only have three or four projects going at a time. Just enough to keep my longarm busy and have another in the wings ready to put on and one that I am working on.

I definately have QTFDD.

Before I bought my LA, I spent almost 2 years working on getting UFOs to the point where they were finished tops waiting to be quilted. My thinking was I would need things to practice on when I got my machine. So I made a list of my 56 UFOs and noted what needed to be done. I started with the ones that needed the least amount of work and worked my way down the list. So I had 50 UFOs when I bought my machine and 25 tops waiting to be quilted. (Don't do the math, I already admitted to having QTFDD...)

Out of the 25 tops, I quilted 2. One is waiting for my to finish the hand work on the binding the other is waiting for me to sew on the label. The other 23 are hanging neatly pressed waiting for me to get to them. I have added more tops to them and more UFOs. I have also started and completed other quilts since getting the machine.

QTFDD may not have a cure, but it sure is a lot of fun! :D

Originally posted by April W

Sylvia,

I just saw Bonnie's shirt in the new Keepsake Quilting catalog i received this week. $19.95 I think.

Yep that's where I got it..... only I went in person to pick it up....I make one trip a year to Keepsakes, and plan to spend at least 2-3 hours just looking around....a great place to shop and drool.

Hi Roxanne! Last week Thursday on my way to work I was in a car accident (first one ever), a 17 year old girl was texting on her cell phone and lost control of her car and T-Boned me. My truck was totaled. I got banged up a bit, brused up pretty good and a couple broken & seprated ribs. I am off work for a couple of weeks and then where I work shuts down for the whole month of November, so I have about 6 weeks off.

As far as "Lilla" (my ultimate 1), I purchased some upgrades for her this past spring from APQS. I also purchased some crome pieces for her and some paint & supples from Auto Zone. I figured my girl deserved a make over. Because of having shoulder surgery earlier this year I didn't get a chance to get her all dolled up.

Liam, I am so glad you're ok! I'll keep you in my prayers. Cell phone driving is really scary, lots of close calls. I for one do not use my cell when behind the wheel, my husband knows that I won't answer if I'm on the road. I'm to busy dodging other cell phone drivers. The Navy has prohibited driving while on a cell on base or off for military and DOD employees.

I wondered where you have been Liam. That accident sounds nasty. I have that fear, so i don't use my phone while driving either. I have a BT but I still have to push buttons to call. I just gave up and keep it in the console.

Hope you heal fast, and we can hardly wait to see what you do to Lilla. There was a classmate I had in school as a child whose name was Lila Barnes. I haven't heard that name in years. Cute name: Liam and Lilla:)

Archived