Anyone else have QTFDD?

I hope I am not alone here.

I am able to start a quilting project...then start another..then another.

Am I bored with the first project? NOT EXACTLY.

Do I get so excited to start something that I see that I can't wait till something else is done? YES

Do I have several projects in the works..and all by my DSM at the same time? DEFINETELY YES.

I think I have Quilting ADD...that I have so renamed...QTFDD...Quilt Top Finishing Deficit Disorder.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ditto

We need to make ourselves lists in order of the most done to the least done and start off by finishing the ones most complete to the ones just started. I actually have been trying to do this for most of this year and have only started a few small projects in between. It seems to help me feel I am accomplishing something.

I'm with you, too! I start a project, get bored, start another, and so (sew) on!! I must have 8 to 10 UFO's!!:o:o I don't get bored really, I just find something else I'd rather work on!! Go figure!

When I first started quilting, about 25 years ago; my friend said, "You'll need at least 3 projects going at a time. One to piece, one to applique, and one to (hand) quilt!" I guess I took that piece of advise to heart and BEYOND!!!:P

I have this and then my guild started a contest to finish the most UFOs. I had a list of over 20 at the time and thought, "yippee...incentive to finish." Then I got my longarm; now I finish UFOs for others. Oh well, it could be worse.

Enough chit chat; I just got a new pattern in the mail--must go buy fabric:P:P:P:P

You ladies make me laugh.:D

The quilt I started yesterday...I am going to finish before starting another. I have made 39 of 90 blocks...and I AM going to finish it. It is just too darn pretty not to.

I do not even want to think about all the UFO's I have. I still have lots that only need this or that and then I could quilt them. They sit in a pile of ufo's.

GUILTY

I think:

Oh, it won't take long to do that one...:P:P:P

That's an easy pattern. . .

I really want to leave that one to my grandchildren. . .

I love those colors. . .

I've always wanted to do that one. . .

So and so would love this one. . .

Can't resist fat quarter bundles with coordinated fabrics. . .

I love chickens. . .

and before you know it, I have a closet full of UFOs.:D

Originally posted by seakitten

If there's a name for the syndrome, is it curable? I doubt it.

Nope once you catch it, there isn't a cure for it.....if you have the strength to stay away from it, and only can do one at a time, then you will stay well. But no one warned me and now its beyond hope.;):P

Thanks Kristina, very cool fabrics! I would def do the swirly ribbons in the trees, a small background fill and outline the trunks.

Is this the same quilt that you were asking quilting ideas for?????? No sashing if I remember but one or two borders. Maybe something geometrical to match the trees in the outer border. Oh and I'd match the thread to the different background fabrics, just to make it easier on you! ;)

I am almost as bad as Bonnie with UFO's. I thinned out several of mine this year and donated them to the ladies at our church. Gave them what I had started, copies of the pattern and all the materials need to finish them. They loved it!

Archived