Let It Snow

Oh, how I love a snow day from school. We are in the middle of a major snow storm here in Nebraska so school was called today. We have 6 inches so far and 4-5 more to come by midnight. Tomorrow there is a blizzard warning for most of the day so maybe we'll get another day off tomorrow. I told my students that teachers pray for snow days too.:P I have been quilting a QOV, watching daytime TV, and listening to Christmas music. Life is good!!!

Oh what fun it sounds. I love snow but we don't get very much here! I always long for snow in the Winter but can't remember the last time we had actually had a white Christmas. Trouble is when it does snow everything seems to grind to a halt because we're never prepared for it!:)

Have fun & enjoy all the extra quilting

Angie

When I worked I also looked forward the snow days. Now that I have retired from teaching every day is a snow day. Tomorrow we are supposed to get snow, a "wintery mix" and then it is supposed to change over to rain. In other words it will be a mess out there.

Charlotte

I so wish we would get a snow day but my college has only ever closed early once since I've worked there (7 years)! I don't care how much we get we still have to work. Thankfully my boss is really good and will let me work from home. We are supposed to get 3 -6", then ice, then rain, then back to snow. That means the commute will be a nightmare and power outages will be a problem due to the ice. I'm praying they are wrong on the ice. Our area is still recovering from the ice storm we had last year! I brought my work home so if it comes I'm staying put!

Snow is great when you can stay home and just look at it out of your window. I had to go to work in the middle of a blizzard tonight (I work for a police department so we never close). The roads were terrible. The fastest I was able to go was 25 mph and most of the time it was less. It took me an hour to get to work and I work 12 miles away from home. The officers are just going from one accident to another because people are idiots and drive way too fast for conditions. It has been snowing all night and is still coming down (it's 3:00 a.m.) and I am worried about getting home in the morning. No, I can't say that I like snow.:mad:

My prayers are with all of you getting hammered with snow. Hope this isn't a picture of "things to come". I got a note that the APQS office and factory was closed yesterday because of the storm. Snow is beautiful. Virginia Beach shuts down at the sight of 1 flake. Don't even ask me about driving, we can't seem to drive in rain let alone snow!!!! It was cold yesterday around 40 but today it's 70 LOL can you guess why we have an abundance of flu, etc.

Well we have 5" on the ground and it is still really coming down. Some schools are open and some just delayed. It actually looks like most of those that were delayed are now closing. Hubby just called to say he made it is but the roads are "ugly." He didn't see one plow on his way in and traffic is just starting to really pick up. As expected my institute is not delayed or closed! I'm not going in for now and I told my assistant to stay put too. Not worth a life that is for sure! We'll re-evaluate in an hour. They are calling for this to change to sleet by noon time and then back to snow. Yippee that should make for a lovely mess! It will be a long day. I think Taco soup is on order for dinner.

I was so hoping for snow day today! The ice was supposed to hit the county NW of us. I was hoping the weather man would be about 50 miles off and hit Lynchburg City. Although to be picky I wanted snow. My husband is a police officer and I hate to see him go to work on icy roads. Snow doesn't bother us.

LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW!!!

Can you share the recipe for taco soup???

thanks!

Rose Hall

Taco Soup -

2 Cans Rotele (diced tomatoes with green chili's)

2 14 oz cans petite diced tomatoes

2 Cans black beans (not drained)

1 pound ground beef

1 package taco seasoning

Brown ground beef, add remaining ingredients and cook for about 30 miutes. Easy Peasy and oh so tasty. I serve it with tortilla chips and top with shredded cheese and sour cream but plain is good too!

Originally posted by hmerrill

Taco Soup -

2 Cans Rotele (diced tomatoes with green chili's)

2 14 oz cans petite diced tomatoes

2 Cans black beans (not drained)

1 pound ground beef

1 package taco seasoning

Brown ground beef, add remaining ingredients and cook for about 30 miutes. Easy Peasy and oh so tasty. I serve it with tortilla chips and top with shredded cheese and sour cream but plain is good too!

thank you! now I know what I'm having for dinner tonight!

Rose

I have lived 'North of the 54th' for 15 years and not one Snow Day!!!! It can be -45'C and no day off for my kids....just bundle them up and off they go. It is very cold up here this week, but not much snow yet, which is very odd. The good thing is the lake froze so smooth and clear you can see the bottom of the lake when your skating....COOL!!!!

Archived