How many quilts do you have left to do before Christmas?

I finished all the ones that I was booked for... then I got a call and now I have a couple more to do. I have the time, she needs the quilts done, so it is a perfect fit. :)

Plus I have ones that are due out in January, but they are all ones that the customers said that they could not pick up before then, so getting them done early will only leave them sitting here anyway.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

7, a overall almost finished on the frame, 1queen overall, 1 king custom, 2 baby overalls, 1 baby wallhanging, custom, 1 twin overall.

I'm right on schedule, will finish up on the 18th, start cleaning and baking like mad, my daughter and grandkids are coming from OR, I pick them up on the 21st at the airport.

Don't you just love christmas, what a great time of the year.

Better go finish that overall

Laura

Originally posted by CindyT

Heidi, your problems were supposed to be over with last week. :)

I don't think my mother got the memo! Getting better though. Now the snow is moved, hubby is doing his mothers and I've got the one border done. Ready to turn this puppy and get her done. I'm hoping to still get it done tonight but not holding my breath!

Hi Sue,

Yes I am finished with the picking and have resumed stitching again. I picked an easier pattern to do and will prob just buzz through this quilt. My other 3 are E2E, even the latest one that just came in so I hope to be finished by end of next week....and this was my I am not going to take too many quilts plan....:D

Happy Sewing everyone!

I've got 5 really easy ones to finish, unfortunately I don't know when I'll get to them as grandkids need sick day care, can't go back to school till fever gone 24 hours....great policy, but of course hard on working mom's...I'm loading my hardest quilt next, will try to have the easy ones last...to do with the baking .. :P:P

4! And I'm not taking any more! REALLY! I'm not taking any more............People are frantically trying to finish their projects, but lack of planning on their part shouldn't constitute and emergency on my part. I'm trying not to be up quilting until 3 a.m. and stressing myself and my family out. I feel bad turning them away, but there's only one of me. I've been telling them to stick a note in with the top telling the recipient to give the top back so it can be quilted for them.

I thought I was done, but I have been getting a few calls from people - you all know how that goes, picked up 2 more yesterday, 1 more today - that are E2E and two large customs that are last minute for next week! Then one of my out of town customers called and has a rush coming to me. So I will be busy. But I am thankful!!!! I love my customers!!!

Vicki, I am glad you are finished frogging. I hate that and felt your pain!;)

I'm finally done!!!! I'll post pics tomorrow but I'm so relieved to have that done! Now I can concentrate on baking this weekend and next weekend will be shopping and then before I know it I will be heading to NC. Please say an extra prayer that we get to take our Maddie with us! Right now her mother is leaning toward no and that makes me sad! I understand but if she is going to not spend time with her then I'd rather take her with us where she will be the center of attention of 8 adults! I don't get her until tomorrow this week and I really miss her little smiling face!

3 Customer Quilts left. All Custom but 2 of them are fairly small so they are 1-2 dayers. The other is a 4 day as it's a baltimore. I'm saving that til last - I really enjoy those. The results are always so wonderful.

So I should have the week of Christmas off - almost.

I'm envious of you guys. Christmas has snuk up on me. I have 3 quilt tops made, waiting to be quilted, and 4 more to make and quilt. Plus I have to be done by Thursday. Luckily these are fast I won't say easy, but a pain in the butt Minky blankets. The next person that screams for one can just scream. So enjoy you holidays at least these are all from me and I can change me mind as time gets close.

Hi Friends,

I am busy quilting two quilts for my grandaughters and have one custom and one edge to edge to complete. I made a bad mistake with my grandaughters and cut the backing too narrow . I got to the last pantoghraph row and realized I was short about 2" so had to take it off the frame and add a piece. I had used 108" backing but cut it too narrow....live 7 learn. I'm happy it was mine and not a client's quilt!.I started quilting Sept 1st having purchased my millenium in August and keep as busy as I 'd like to be just whrn I think I am getting low on orders more seem to come out of the wood work. I hope you are all able to get your quilts completed and can enjoy a wonderful restful holiday season with your families. thank you all for the great tips and information,

Heather

I finished my customer quilts this past Monday (but pick ups are scheduled for this Friday).

Since I finished my customer quilts I have been working on a few projects of my own, and quilted those today and now I am making quilt labels. Then tomorrow I will sew on labels and bind so Monday I can ship them off so they can be opened on Christmas to my relatives back in the midwest & Florida.

My DH is off the rest of the year and I am trying to convince him to paint our bedroom, if I keep him busy then he won't want to spend lots of $$$ we don't have ;)

I finished my last Christmas customer quilt last weekend, and this week have been working on projects for my own family. I've made more "tree" dinning napkins this year than I ever thought possible (56 at last count). Almost done. Making my 2 oldest granddaughters each a jeans purse. I'll post pics of all of these when I'm all done. Quilts??? - I made them all quilts in the last couple of years, so this year is just sewing stuff. :)

All of my customer quilts are now done! The 3 memory quilts that I had to quilt -- DONE. With the help of another longarmer and great friend. She quilted one of the quilts (not counted in the 3), my sister did all the prep work and piecing of these quilts for me. Another one of my customers had decided she wanted her 2 quilts for christmas gifts -- DONE. Plus 2 more customer quilts - DONE. Pieced my godson's quilt, quilted -- DONE. Quilt for my brother and sister-in-law -- DONE. My daughters Minnesota Twins quilt -- DONE. Daughters boyfriends quilt -- DONE. Quilt for my niece -- DONE.

I am now taking a week or two off from quilting for customers.

Merry Christmas!

Guest Linda S

I'm DONE! Finished up on Wednesday night. I'm delivering the last one today (yeah checkbook!!). One customer has already told me she has three more she'll be calling me about after the holidays. I didn't want to spoil her Christmas by telling her she'd have to get in line!!

Linda

Hi Vicki, I have four left. I got charlotte back and she sounds like a different machine, in a good way. Still trying to get the tension to the sweet spot. Still having some stitch problems. I hope it will resolve itself as it did the last time it did this. She got a lot of new stuff.

Nora

I finished the last of my Christmas quilts for customers on December 8. I turned down 3 quilts, although one of those decided that she could live without having it for Christmas, so I still have her quilt.

We celebrate with my kids and their families on Sunday (Dec. 20th) so after that I will get back to quilting as I have 13 on tap for January already.

I go to a retreat the second weekend (5 days) in December every year, so that gives me time to do some sewing for gifts that I give. I made 6 flannel PJ pants (bought knit tops to go with them) for gds's, 3 aprons for gdg's, 3 aprons for dds and ddils. I have to finish blanket stitching by machine around the applique today on the adult aprons. I forgot how long it take to blanket stitch.

Back to work!

Archived