How many quilts do you have left to do before Christmas?

Just feeling sorry for myself as I sit and pick out some stitching that I don't have time to do and thinking that I just may get those last 4 quilts done before Christmas if I don't have to do anymore "unstitching"...

How many do you all have left to do? (Because you all know that misery loves company)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Vicki, I still have 4 1/2 to go:(. I'm burnt out and feeling sorry for myself too. It wouldn't be so bad except they are all custom except 1. I'm finding it harder and harder to be creative. Could be worse...we could have no customers! Keep me posted as you go. Hey, wanna race??? On your mark.....get set..... GO:D

Tracey

I have 3 customer quilts -- edge to edge -- these are memory quilts that my sister pieced and I have to quilt; one customer just sent an e-mail wanting to know if she could have hers for Christmas. It is 130 x 130 -- flannel top & back and 2 layers of batting. My response was "I don't believe that will happen". Over the last week, I have had customers calling and asking if they could get their quilts before Christmas as they decided to give it as a gift. It drives me crazy when they do this, I asked them if it was a gift for Christmas when they dropped it off.

Plus I have 5 tops of my own that I would like to quilt for Christmas gifts. Is it possible to get all of this done? I think I can -- a good friend of mine also a LA has already done some of my customer quilts. What would we do with out great friends.

All of mine are D.O.N.E....now I am chilling, training the new puppy, learning some new techniques from my DVD's I bought over the course of the year and haven't had a chance to follow through with. I will be spending Christmas by myself, Hubby is working so I really will have quite time. I will be picking up more Quilts on Saturday, but none for Christmas giving. It has been a wonderful year!

4 at the shop and 2 more at home!!!

Once those are done, I get to start in on the custom for my Sister Nani!!!

SHHHHHHHH!!!!!Don't tell her . It's her Christmas surprise!!!!

I always schedule my last Customer quilt to be fineshed by Dec 20th.

This year, I'm ahead of schedule!!!!!! WOOHOO!!!

Hope everyone is staying warm and enjoying the Holiday Season!!

Laura

one to custom and one to make from scratch..Had a lady come over mond...she had 5 sets of embroidery squares and wanted to know how to put them together...she wanted them for christmas..told her how to do it...then.....only 3 are compleltly embroidered...she is going to do the rest at one a day...(she has never sewn and planned on doing the quilting on her domestic) after she sees my set up...she plans on getting them together doing the marking of the top herself...then all of a sudden she is talking me to quilt them...went from feburary to this christmas...boy is she dreaming...5 completed quilts and christmas is when?????

Boy! I feel good comparing all of you!! I only have one! It is custom. I will get it on the frame this morning, have to work this afternoon, so won't get started on it until tonight or tomorrow afternoon after my bible study in the morning.... AND I just found out in the last few days, that BOTH of my kids and their families are coming home for Christmas!!!! I am excited, but wondering where I am going to put 9 extra people!!!! Hope they don't mind sleeping bags on the floor!!!

Well, the baby quilt wasn't done by noon. Customer called and said she was leaving a gift for me at the quilt shop. She called again 20 minutes later and said the shop was closed, could I come and get it? It took about 15 minutes to drive there and guess what? Just what I needed on a day like this! A bottle of red wine!!!!!!!!!!! What a sweet peach she is! I just had to laugh.

Well, since I don't advertise or keep pamplets at my local quilt shops, I get my customers as they trickle in. I don't ever have a backlog. I had a few customer quilts I finished up a couple of weeks ago.

This past weekend, I spent the entire weekend finishing up a flannel quilt I pieced and quilted (it's a gift for a friend) and I piecied two Turning 20 quilts for little girls-sisters (also friends of mine) and those quilted and DONE! :)... Well, this Monday night I got two calls from two guild members - one is a baby quilt and the other is a king-size scrappy quilt made from all wool (top and back, and batting---that will be warm!). I've got the king loaded up and ready to start quilting it first thing Thursday morning (I have Thurs & Friday off vacation) so should have those two done on Friday and will take them down with me to my guild Christmas party on Saturday.

Woops, I am piecing a small baby quilt for a newborn as a gift (charity). That should be a quickie. I think that's it for me! :)

Last one on the frame. Remember my post about the one that was loaded that is causing me all the problems? Well I'm hoping to get the one feather border done later today and then I have to turn it and finish it up. I'm hoping for today but that isn't looking like it will happen. I need to go run the snowblower and then I'll come in and see what work I have. I stayed home today to work from here and I've had nothing but problems! Grrrrrrr!

Heidi, your problems were supposed to be over with last week. :)

I only have binding left to do on my FIL's quilt. I feel for all of you under the gun quilting for business. We used to have a retail store and the holidays were no fun (long hours, grumbly people, hardest work of the year), but now starting to enjoy the holidays again. Yeah!

Hi Vicki

I hope the unpicking went really quickly for you - it always happens that you have to do that when you are under pressure.

I rushed to get my customer quilts all out of the way before Claudia arrived so that, after she left, I'd be free to practice what we learned in the lessons.

I'll be busy loading my own ebay purchased top today that Claudia gave us quilting ideas for in her What to Do on a Quilt class. That was a wonderful class. She showed us what to do to bring all the elements of a quilt, the piecing, applique and patterns on the fabrics together so that they all repeated and flowed nicely together - it was a great learning experience.

Best wishes

sue in australia

Archived