Has this ever happened to you? NOW WITH FINISHED PICS

I've got a few customers where I am concerned that they may not see a finished quilt. I try and always put them on the frame ASAP. I've also have several quilts going to people with terminal illnesses. I am very lucky all my customers agree that when one of those comes in, it goes straight on the frame and out again. So far they have made it in time. A couple have been very close, one was enjoyed for 2 days then went on to comfort the family. For me it is one of the most rewarding aspects of the job. Hard, but wonderful.

I am sure the quilt will be great and very much loved.

Ferret

Patty Jo,

Feathers would be so very nice. I also really like what linda drew out for you. So feminine and pretty. You will do a beautiful job.

I have not had this happen to me yet. I have had to hurry up on a job though because a customer with cancer made a sunbonnet sue quilt for her daughter using the clothing her daughter wore growing up. It was on her "bucket list" of things to do before passing away. I was so happy and honored to be a part of something so precious.

Jessica

Patty Jo, I can hear the pain in your voice. You have such a loving and caring heart. I know whatever you do with this quilt top, the daughter will love and cherish it. It will be hard to do this quilt, but I would guess that by the time you're finished it you will feel some joy in your accomplishment in memory of your customer.

I love Linda's daisy E2E, but then I have a soft spot for feathers too. Whatever you decide, it will be gorgeous.

Thinking of you...........

thank you everyone for your encouragement. I've started on the quilt but have had several inturuptions tonight, so I only have the top border done. I've decided to do the E2E daisys in the large border and the body of the quilt and will do hearts in the small purple border. thanks again.

Her DH picked up the quilt just a few minutes ago and he is such a sweet man. Just like his DW was.

Here are a couple of pics of the finished quilt... and as you will see, I decided to do the stipple in the body of the quilt cause the daisy's were going too slow and her daughter wanted it before she went back to Washington.

2560487990094956607S600x600Q85.jpg

Another

2472438120094956607S600x600Q85.jpg

And the last one

2373943760094956607S600x600Q85.jpg

thanks for looking.

This thread has made me feel so saddened, and it must be a really difficult situation to be in, I am not sure I would cope with it very well at all.

When my Dad was diagnosed with Cancer last year, I really wanted to make him a quilt for his last few months at home. Unfortuately the months that he was told he had turned out to be only 3 weeks from tests and diagnosis. I will still make him a quilt in memory only.

Your quilt has turned out lovely.

Janette

:)

Archived