I'm coming north to teach!!!

the plane ticket has been bought, and i'm working on handouts!

that's right! you asked for it, and the day is coming! i'm so excited! can't wait to meet y'all!

i'll be at our very own Bonnie's house to teach two very exciting classes!

Saturday March 27th 9am- 4pm (one hour lunch break) $150

Quilting the Doodlebug way:

This is a confident beginner to intermediate level class, but all experience levels are welcome.

Get out from behind the machine and face the needle! Learn how I ‘see’ a quilt and incorporate simple free motion quilting motifs in a unique way to produce a custom quilted quilt. We will discuss many designs for blocks, borders, and sashings as well as how to personalize the quilting for particular themed quilts. After this class, you will feel confident when your clients say "Just do whatever, I trust you." Bring quilts for discussion if time allows. Not a hands on class. Workbook provided, supply list will be emailed

Sunday March 28th 10am-2pm $85

Feathers the Doodlebug way

This is a confident beginner to intermediate level class, but all experience levels are welcome.

I will show you how easy it really is to quilt those mouthwatering feathers. We will discuss the learning curve for feathers. I will show you how to use 'training wheels' to perfect your feathers. This class will be a definite confidence builder. Not a hands-on class. Sketch book required, some handouts. Supply List will be emailed.

These are technique and design classes. Specific machine brands will not make a difference.

Classes must be paid for in full to guarantee a seat. No Refunds after March 1st.

the little kinks are being worked out as we speak!

contact me with any questions..... *snoopy happy dance*

Originally posted by AbigailE

And just WHERE would that be??

Silly girl did leave off a bit of important information...huh :P:P:P

I'm located in Elizaville, New York, which is about an hour south of Albany, or about 2.5 hours north of the City. Flights into Albany or the city are pretty cheap right now.

Originally posted by Bonnie

Originally posted by AbigailE

And just WHERE would that be??

Sill girl did leave off a bit of important information...huh :P:P:P

I'm located in Elizaville, New York, which is about an hour south of Albany, or about 2.5 hours north of the City. Flights into Albany or the city are pretty cheap right now.

guess that would fall into that's-pretty-important catergory...sorry.....:P

Yay Moxies--we are shooting for July or August for Doodlebug classes. Bonnie (bonbon) has graciously offered her studio and the details are yet to be worked out. Bonnie is in Newberg, Oregon. Any input as to best week/days in that time frame? Plans will be finalized soon. I will also try for a class in Olympia for the northern Moxies. Potentially at an LQS, but maybe at my house. Can't wait!!!! Any other joiners are welcome--pass the word!

Originally posted by penelopefabric

CRAP when you said north i thought you meant towards me. Any chance you might head up towards the southern tip of Illinois? Paducah is only 45 minutes the same with Cape Girardeau.

if there are enough people who would want me to teach as well as a host....i'm there!

i just realized that i'm just south enough that most of the US is north....

if you want to see what my style of quilting is, i have uploaded all my pictures to flickr (click here). i will cover just about everything you'll see in the pictures during the class. there are also examples of my feathers which i have been told by other LAers are unique (and super easy the way i do it, i use foolproof tracebacks)

enjoy, thanks for looking!

Archived