New QZ template on a quilt!!

Hi all--I just received the new tracing templates from Quiltazoid and had to try out the #16--with the 1/4 motifs on it. I quickly finished the customer quilt and put on a charity one with perfect 12" plain blocks in it--and tried each of the 4 motifs.

WOW were they ever easy and cool--made me feel like a computer--they turned out so perfect!!

First the whole quilt...

post--13461903568292_thumb.jpg

I am not sure what these designs are actually called so I made up my own names...

First up is the Petal Motif. You do the 1/4 outside design--rotate the template--do it again--until you get back to the begininng--then I did the same with the center petals--on these I just dragged my thread from one petal to the next and cut them off after.

post--13461903568477_thumb.jpg

Hi Terri -

I love this. It is really just perfect. Putting it in my favs for future reference.

I hope more QZ experts post more of their QZ quilts.

I am going to take advantage of the deal that Adam & Linda have for 5 templates.

I have none now - so if you were me - which 5 would you recommend?

Thanks Terri for putting this up - it's great!

Good questions everyone--I am such a visual learner--that sometimes I forget to add words!!!:D:D:D

These 4 motifs are on one template--the template is divided in 1/4's and each 1/4 is a design that when repeated 4 times makes the whole motif--I hope that made sense.:D:D:D

So there is no adjustment for sizes--these motifs will fit in a 12" block perfectly!!--I just didn't take as much time to find my center as I should have.

Meg--as far as what templates to purchase--I think you need to look at what type of quilting you like to do. I tend to like to freehand and embellish--so I like templates that give me space to play--although these motifs were great as is!!

For just regular type use--Feathers and Such, 1/4" Crosshatching, Little Bit of Everything(this template makes great frames for spiros and around embroidery type designs.)--then it would be a toss-up between the new #15--(I really like the Pinched Squares and oval with this template--good for DWR), the Spiral, Stars and such if you do a lot of QOV quilts, or whatever of the other designs strikes your fancy!!!

That is just my opinion--go with what works for you!!!

Have fun deciding and then playing when they come!!!

Terri

Originally posted by Nadia Wilson

Very Nice! Those designs are so accurate! Can't tell where the stops or starts are and the designs are perfectly symmetrical! Almost looks like a computer driven system stitched it out. Thanks for sharing!

Every design that I have ever created with the QZ is very accurate. The designs are beautiful. The starts/stops are spot on!!

Terri...nice job on this quilt. Terrific use of the templates! :)

Archived