Quickie Baby Quilt

I thought I would post this quickie baby quilt I made.

I love Black and White and I think it is perfect for young little ones.

This quilt is for my friend Pat's newest grandson due later this month. Hi Honeyquilter!

I did a loopy meander with 19wt polyquilter thread in top for fun! Bobbin is So Fine. Tension was pretty good. 100% Cotton batting.

post--13461903608671_thumb.jpg

I used 10" squares and sliced off 2" sections along the top, then the side. Three pieces that is all...then you swap the large section with another...and voila! Easy Peasy! :)

I should have added, Pat was a school teacher for many years...so I thought her Grandson should have a quilt with learning things on it!

love the black and white.thanks forthe pictures and info. i want to start some baby quilts. my husband is an ob/gyn and his staff and some patients are always asking me to make a baby quilt. now with my new lenni i might just go for it!

shea:)

Shea, I think baby quilts are perfect for starting out on your new Lenni. Smaller quilts are great as you can complete them quickly and it gives you the encouragement to do another, rather than getting bogged down with a large quilt right off the hop.

Kristina, I have always loved black and white with a few punches of colour and this just seems so perfect for a baby boy! WTG! :)

Archived