nqa prayers needed UPDATE

Thank you everyone.

Samantha is now home, her fiance did have surgery this am, had a plate and 6 screws in his arm. When we left he was back in his room and doing well. They are in hopes he will be discharged tomorrow or Tuesday.

Thank you again for all your prayers and support. The next few weeks will still be tuff, but the kids are pretty strong. Hugs to you all

So sorry to hear about your dd and her fiance. I will keep them and you and your dh in my prayers. Also, the family of the woman who hit them. They must be very upset about it all.

I am so glad that although your dd and her fiance have serious injuries, they are not life-threating.

Penny-

You have been thru ALOT!! Of course my thoughts are with you and your family...(Ikinda stopped praying after my dad died..) Anyway PLEASE do what the troopers are telling you!! Do NOT talk to the other family!! They of course feel terrible and will let you know that and somehow they will tell you that they are not responsible for any of what happened....

Do NOT give them that opportunity!! My dh is in law enforcement and the stories I have heard over the past 20+years of how victims said they felt so bad for the other family and boom they are off the hook. LISTEN TO YOUR LAWYER AND THE LAW ENFORCMENT PERSONELL!!I am sure things will get better for you and your family

Patty

Penny,

I also work in Law Enforcement and my brothers and I had to take my mom's driver's license away from her this last year (much to her dismay). The problem is when older people have memory issues, they don't alway remember that they are not supposed to drive, so even though you have taken away the license, the keys, and the car, they will sometimes get into someone else car, not realizing that it is not theirs. I don't think that the woman's family is trying to get out of their responsibility, but it is probably wise to follow what the officer and you lawyer told you to do. I hope your daughter and her boyfriend recover fully.

Penny

I am so sorry that your daughter and her fiancee are suffering, but I am so glad to hear that they survived the tragic accident. For that they are lucky and I am sure you are very grateful. I am wishing them both a speedy recovery.

The family of the lady that hit your daughter must also be suffering greatly at this time, my thoughts are also with them.

Speedy recovery,

Lisa:)

Oh my Penny, I am so sorry to hear about the accident. I am praying for your daughter and son-in-law to be. Listen to the others and don't talk to the other family for legal reasons, just say a prayer for them and the old lady. My DH mother insisted on driving (she passed away last spring), she was the "rock" at the assisted living apartment who drove everyone around town. However, we knew she should not drive, we took her license, she drove, we took her keys, she had several sets hidden in her apartment and gave friends copies!! Finally, her oldest son went to court and got power of attorney to sell her car. This all sounds terrible but we had to get her off the road. Our beloved elderly relatives are smarter then we realize sometimes. I'm not sure what the answer is for elderly driving problems and cell phone users, just everyone please be careful out there.

I'm so sorry I missed this. Penny, prayers will still go up for all who were involved in the accident.. or touched by it.. It's always so upsetting, scary, heart wrenching, to hear such news, glad you are strong enough to hold up under it.

Rita

Archived