The New Bliss Drive System is Heaven!

DawnCavanaugh

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks again Dawn.

For all of you who need pictures - Dawn has done a great job - unfortunately, the pictures are wonderful, but don't tell the real story. The lower carriage runs on a rounded bar - not a rail like we are used to. The system also incorporates a ball-bearing setup instead of wheels on the lower rail. If you can envision how smoothly a marble rolls around under the palm of your hand in any direction, then you might get a sense how this new system moves. The ball bearings are like marbles on glass that just roll in any direction (!!!!!) without any holdup or drag. It is truly innovative and wonderful. For all of those in doubt, please be patient and listen as those who try it out share their opinions. I am sure that the addition of the quilt glide will make it even better - I don't have that and won't be getting it - at least not now. Just the addition of the Bliss is so exciting to me!!!!

Originally posted by Stagecl

Thank you for the pictures. It really answers some questions as to how different it looks.

But why such a difference in price for an upgrade vs. buying a new machine? I think this is a big question for a lot of quilters.

Yes, thank you so much for the pictures.

However, many of us have questions about the cost of the upgrade. Some of the expense is clearly in the replacement of the rails and carriage, but $3000? That is such a huge number. I think many of us are hitting a wall of resistance when faced with that number. Any chance there will be a "special offer" to upgrade at MQS?

I have a simple basic Freedom (not SR) and have to wonder if the Bliss system would make that much difference in my machine. I tried a Millie at a show last Summer and it was like draggiong a bag of rocks compared to my Freedom. I don't have the extra drag of the Millie's weight, SR, Quilt Glide, thread cutter, channel locks etc. Is Bliss just to compensate for all of that?

If the truss isn't required with Bliss, will I be able to order 12 ft. rails and make my now 11 ft. table a foot longer? I'm thinking if I upgrade to Bliss I'd like to have a longer table and am looking at my room and how I could possibly accommodate another foot of table. I realize the lexan piece will be short, but if it fits inside, between the rails, that shouldn't matter. Just wondering.....:D

Let's see what I can clear up for people:).

Carmen, due to the manufacturing process the rails must go through, the Bliss will ONLY be available in 10, 12, or 14 foot sizes. So if you were thinking of adding an extra foot, that would be a good thing! We aren't able to cut the tables to specific sizes any longer.

Yes, you'd also need longer rollers. Those are $250 each.

Circle Lord Owners...I was able to talk to Michael about the new Bliss table, and he is confident that Bliss owners will still be able to use their Circle Lords with just a few minor adaptations. Of course, he will know what specifically those will be once he can see the table in person. He was going off the photos I have on the Forum.

They will be attending MQS and plan to evaluate the Bliss system so that he can have any adaptations done quickly for you.

Marie,

Many individuals will still be able to use their clear tops with the Bliss. In an earlier post, I expained that when we used the clear tops, we had no idea our engineer would eventually re-design the table top, so our tolerances were not as strict on the Lexan cutting since the Lexan rested on TOP of the rails. Now that the table tops sit inside the rails, the tolerance must be much tighter.

That means on some older tables, there is a small possibility that a very small portion of the clear table top's long edge may need to be shaved off to allow it to sit down into the new rails. This is easily accomplished with a table saw, but we will work with individuals on how to achieve this.

As to the cost of the Bliss, new complete Bliss unit price is $18,400 with a standard Millennium sewing head. The Quilt Glide will add $1250, and the Motorized Fabric Advance will add $1350. This brings the total to $21,000 for a fully-equipped Millennium on a Bliss table.

Leslie,

The Bliss also makes the Freedom machines move very well. The best way to tell if it would be right for you would be to try it when you have the opportunity. Many quilters are quite happy with the way their machines currently run, yet are surprised by the increased mobility. Each quilter will have to decide what is right for him or her.

Let me know how else I can help!

Being part of this forum is great, and finding out about this is wonderful, and thank you Dawn for those pictures. I'm one that just purchased my Millie last year new with everything but the overhead lights. It has a 14 ft hydraulic table with motorized fabric advance, quilt glide, and I love the way it sews now. Great, to know what the Bliss is and see the pictures. From the videos of APQS, and the customers trying it, I couldn't tell if it was a new model like the Millennium or what.

Hi Dawn,

I'm I correct in that APQS will still make the old table setup for machines without the bliss, as it will be an upgrade? If that is so, could not we trade in our old rails for the new rail and be used on the machines that will not have Bliss? This could reduce cost for upgrade for us who already have a machine?

Thanks.

Originally posted by delld

Hi Dawn,

I'm I correct in that APQS will still make the old table setup for machines without the bliss, as it will be an upgrade? If that is so, could not we trade in our old rails for the new rail and be used on the machines that will not have Bliss? This could reduce cost for upgrade for us who already have a machine?

Thanks.

Good question. I was wondering the same thing while trying to figure out why Bliss is $3000 for existing owners of APQS machines but only $1000 for new buyers. I hope someone can answer this question.

Guest Linda S

This looks really cool. I love the way my machine moves now, but as I get older, I realize that anything that makes things smoother is usually well worth the money.

Dawn - I noticed in the comments about the machine it says that the rails don't require that much cleaning and deter thread and lint build up. Are the rails annodized? Will we still need to clean with rubbing alcohol to get that oxidation off, or has that been dealt with?

I'm excited to see this movement system added to the best stitch regulator on the market.

Linda

I have another question. If the machine glides super easily now with the new Bliss setup, would that be akin to the machine feeling like it on ice, more or less?

In comparison, my HQ16 felt like that. It was wonderful for pantos, but I couldn't free motion well because I felt like the machine was out of control.

Wouldn't it be much harder to backtrack with the Bliss setup?

Dawn is right. I went to the Chicago show to test drive all the different machines, one after the other, and the Bliss system blew me away!

It's funny that everyone wants pictures, since I noticed a guy who I assume was from another company at the APQS booth trying to peek under the booth to see it also!

But, the magic isn't under the booth, it's in the way that this machine floats and responds to your touch. This machine is going to keep me happy for years to come.

WAY TO GO, APQS...BLISS ROCKS!

Archived