NQR Home at Last

At last................. we arrived home today 12MD.

In the scheme of things a week of delay does not sound very much and there are those who are and will be delayed even further from the fall-out from the volcanic ash.

The impact in so many ways, just personally, has been immense and will make me look more sympathetically on anyone in a similar situation in the future.

I was very fortunate, from a financial point of view alone , in that my husband was also travelling on business during the crisis so could bear the brunt of the financial crisis - not so for many.

That said, had I been travelling alone, I would not have been stuck for help with the many offers of accomodation I received. It is for that I wish to give wholehearted thanks. What a humbling experience,

Truly should anyone be in a similar position or otherwise, please email/U2U me.

Chris,

Linzi and I are really glad that you got home safely. We still have until Thursday. My poor bank manager will be having a fit by the time I get back. Quilt shop visited today had 30% off everything. I tried sooooooo hard to resist but v couldn't quite manage not to.

Linzi now on her 3rd bottle of gin! felt guilty let her drink alone so I went to the liquor store and bought a small bottle of Bacardi.

Great saying overheard in the quilt today. watch out for the picture of the 2 of us with some new slogans!

new Lenni brake system arrived at Bonnie's today. Tried it out at MQX, well worth the money.

I'm so glad you made it home safe and sound and that your experience was better than many others who were stranded. It was a pleasure to meet you at MQX and have dinner with you at Fire & Ice. That was a lovely evening.

It sounds as though Linzi and Tracy are also making the best of it, from the posts I've been reading. :P

I think Tracy and Linzi will need to hire a truck to drive all their shopping bags to the airport. LOL

Chris,

so glad to hear you got home safely. Can only imagine how frustrating this must be. We all know that Linzi & Tracy are being well looked after but it's still frustrating & they must be missing home.

Has anyone heard how Angie & her husband are doing/ did they get home yet? I have English friends who came over for a week & should have returned to the UK on Thursday 15th. They are now due to leave on the 30th! Also a friend from New Jersey visiting her daughter who's in Paris for a semester. She should have travelled home last Tuesday & hopes to next Thursday....What a mess!

I enjoyed meeting you at Fire & Ice, it was a great evening. Hope we meet again soon!

Hi Anne & All, we got back Saturday after hanging around the airport for 7/8hrs as 'stand by' passengers, managed to get on a flight Friday night. Even though we had a great time in the US it was good to get home & have time to settle in before work on Monday.

As Chris said we ended up staying at the Westin (very quiet when all you quilters had gone;)) so that we didn't waste precious time looking for alternative accomodation. We made a conscious decision to make the most of our extra time & went exploring the coastline & Islands. Absolutely stunning.... & we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Only downside was all the time spent trying to track down flights, sort work appts, clients etc. & contact everyone. Plus of course the huge ammount of extra cost, including purchases from even more quilt shops we stumbled across:)

I'm so pleased to have met so many of you at Fire & Ice & have some lovely memories in the pictures Peter took.

Hope to catch up again soon when I've caught up on some zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Angie,

Thelma and Louise (aka Linzi and me) are still whooping it up in the good old US of A. We tried once they reopened online booking to get home earlier but it just wouldn't let us.

Does blighty not want us?

Looking forward to getting home as the wee man has certainly changed. My son sent some pictures that he took the other day. I can't believe he is nearly 3 weeks old already.

Hope to all meet up soon.

Archived