Speaking of a silk purse.....

I have 10 quilts from a woman whose mother or grandmother pieced them. I should say slapped them together. Or maybe, they were pieced by a child. The piecing is poor, and the thread must be close to string. The needle musta have been about a size 18 or bigger.

The first is a picture of what I started with.....

I hesitate to post it here because every time I do some tattletales run and tell my customers. I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings.

post--13461904372139_thumb.jpg

I had to take this one apart, It was set on point, or trying to be. Two rows had eight blocks some six. I took the rows apart, pressed it, and cut it to square it up best I could. Then I added setting triangles. On point is always odd numbers, isn't it?? Like start with 1, then 3, then 5, then 7; and so on til you get it as big as you want and go back down to one.

post--13461904373335_thumb.jpg

Hi LinneaMarie,

you did a fantastic job!!!. I love vintage textiles BUT!!! they were not as well done back then. I have taken apart many vintage quilt tops, re-cut them and quilted them. They become very wonderful vintage/new quilts that I keep or give to the ones I love. You should be very proud of your work. AND whoever is tattling on you to your customers should be ashamed of themselves. Keep posting your work I just love it.

Nora

Archived