First attempt using stencils for the Challenge

Stencil: Palm Frond - The Stencil Company

Batting: QD Puff, White Rose

Quilt Top - Elaine Nemeth, Hawaiian Needle-turn

Method: Ponce & Blue Miracle Chalk

Stencil

2519085640070690845S425x425Q85.jpg

Thank you, Mary Beth, for doing this, it certainly was a "stretch" for me. It was an entirely new technique for me.

2677162670070690845S425x425Q85.jpg

Practice Potholder

2967044090070690845S425x425Q85.jpg

Very pretty............ALL the stencil designs you gals have turned in are great! I have yet to try them. I have some stencils, I have the pounce pad, cholk, pens and now all I need is COURAGE. :o I need to get out my practice sandwich and play for a while.

Barb that is AWSOME!

I LOVE that you took it a step further, and made it your own! Those pebbles really make it stand out, just perfect!

I think i'm buying that dang stencil!

I knew I wouldn't get a challange done in time, but for those of you who know me....you know I LOVE stencils!

Originally posted by Mary Beth

Beeeutiful!!

And, your first attempt!! How did you like using stencils?

Thank you, everyone. I truly appreciate your comments. This was a stretch and a challenge for me.

To be truly honest - this is the first and probably the last time I will use stencils.

As I told Mary Beth earlier on - Circle Lord Templates have absolutely spoiled me.

Stencils take a lot of work for this very lazy quilter. I like quick and easy! I used a blue chalk for marking with the ponce and I have yet to wash it. I guess I better get a move on before that blue sets for a lifetime.

I am absolutely humbled by the wonderful ladies who enjoy and are experts at using these stencil designs on their quilts.

Archived