How can I fix this?

Worked like craxy the last three days on this, and it is finished, and flat!!!! Starched, steamed, wiggled and jiggled, and prayed. Thanks to Jamie Wallen for his flurry of feathers,and to all of you who advised me on this one.

I nearly sat down to take this all apart before quilting it, but decided to forge ahead, and am so glad I did. There was a great deal of extra fabric in the star and in the white setting pieces, but the double batt, and S&S sucked most of it up.

Thank you for your encouragement!!

post--13461904818631_thumb.jpg

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely Wonderful Karol - you did an awesome job on a quilt that was way overly friendly. I'm sure that your neighbor will be VERY pleased to have a quilt that her Great Grandma pieced. You may not have made any money, but your rewards will come from elsewhere. Congratulations on a job well done.:cool:

That turned out beautiful. I just took apart a Dresden Plate quilt apart. There are 36 blocks, and no 2 were the same size. It now lays flat, well almost, her dresden plates that she appliqued down, they are a little loose. But I think I can make it lay flat. Oh yeah, she also just cuts her borders with scissors and sews them on. No measuring for her. Just need to quilt it, then return it to her.

Archived