NQR - Son's Accident

Hey Everyone - I just wanted to sent a big THANK YOU to everyone who has been praying for my son Chris after his ATV accident on August 27. For those of you who don't know, he flipped his 4-wheeler and broke his neck in 2 places. He had his neck fused and as a result of the accident he is paralyzed from the waiste down. His surgeon is optimistic that he may walk again someday, but as of today he cannot move his legs. He does, however have feeling from his thighs to his toes and some very slight feeling from his thighs to his waist. His arms were not effected and his mental capacity is totally in tact (thank God for helmets!)

Anyway, just a little update for those of you who have not checked in on the caring bridge blog (www.caringbridge.org/visit/christopherdynan). . .

The therapists have started putting electrodes on his muscles and they are getting some movement (Yeah!) and his toes actually twitched today when we tickled his feet, another good sign that the nerves are starting to fire up.

Rita R - your guestbook notes are hysterical and we really love reading them! :)

To everyone else who has been checking up on Chris and praying for him, please don't stop. . . we really appreciate it!!!

Karie

Karie, I am so glad that Chris is bouncung back...slowly. His face in the last photo shows the largest smile on any boy his age I have ever seen. He knows he is determined and is going to be okay. Kids are amazing...and Chris is no exception! Bless his heart. I just love him...and how he is driven. popping wheelies on a new wheelchair. WOW! :)

Karie, I taught home bound students for about 5 years and it was the best 4 years of my life!!! I bonded with my students, like Chris, and we so enjoyed our "schooling." I even got the ok to take them on field trips!!! Your Chris sounds like a champ and I know he will do well and even enjoy doing it!!! Best wishes to you and Chris and everyone involved for a good recovery!

I am so sorry I missed this.

You and your family are in my thoughts and have all my best wishes.

The medical world is always improving and what could not have happend 10 years ago is now more than possible.

Your son must be an amazing person and with your determination and his I am positive he will improve each and every day.

All my best,

Lisa:)

Karie, Bryan and Chris.. all I do is think, which is dangerous at times. The words just happen.. thanks for letting me know, and I'll try to keep it up. Between a friend I'll call pip, and me, or is it I? I should be able to go on for weeks...

Prayers for all, and Chris, thanks for showing that terrific smile.. what was going on when the man was beside you on the stool, and you were in the wheelchair? Bet you have a little story about that!

:P:P:P:D :D :D:):)

Archived