Question: Is this forum just for quilters with long arm? I am using a regular sewing machine.

mark

Originally posted by RMB

Silly girl....we have all brands and love everyone....there are a lot of non-longarmers here and many many different brands of long and mid-arm machines. I personally started out on a Brother 1300 and did many quilts with that before I got my first LA, and even still do a good share still on the DSM.

Thank you Bonnie for your encouragement. I have a Bernina 930 machine that I'm now working on, and a Brother Quattro 6000, but not likely to be getting a "Long Arm" this time around. I'm just a young kid (going on 92) and enjoying my quilting and embroidery. Just finished "Moodswings" quilt by Hoopsisters - Made it for our Church Sewing guild, fund raising event next month. Didn't take a picture.However, it turned out great.

I'm looking forward to all the interesting topics on this forum.

Rosemary.

Rosemary,

Many quilters are using their domestic machines to quilt. You'll find many good ideas on this forum. Stay with us and post those pictures. I should talk, because I haven't done a good job with this, but when I get back from Camp Mowana, I'm going to make that a priority.

Welcome Rosemary! Now, you just set yourself down on a comfy chair and join in here any time your heart desires. Heck no, you don't need a longarm to be on this forum -- we're just a bunch of quilters who enjoy each other's company and help each other every chance we get. I'm so happy to see another Canuck on here! Pop in often and, yes, when you have photos please share! Enjoy! :cool:

Hi Rosemary, Welcome to the nutty quilting forum.. Glad to have you join us, and yes, please do show us some picts of your work.

Lts see, though, at 92, isn't that your early teen years..??? I'm just an old foggy yet, at 70. It is wonderful that you are still able to see and sew so well.... what a blessing.

Hope you post soon,

I also quilted on my sewing machine, then graduated to the Handi Quilt frame (that is used with a sewing machine), then on to the Handi Quilter 16 mid arm machine and just this past March I graduated to the Millenium ! This has been over a period of 15 years or so.

Welcome............I have learned sooooo much here. If you have a question, just ask! Someone always has the answer or a suggestion for you. It's great ! :D

Archived