Tiger quilt finished

My customer picked up this quilt last night and was very pleased with how it turned out. Here are some pics of it.

2971178950094956607S600x600Q85.jpg

2033437970094956607S600x600Q85.jpg

I used my Mini Straight Line tool from Quilter's Rule to do the piano keys on the tiger border. It has etched lines in it so it made it easy to do.

2084623160094956607S600x600Q85.jpg

this last picture shows the center and after viewing it on my computer, I put the quilt back on the machine and stitched around the Asian characters and English name to take away the fullness. It looked great, but i forgot to get another picture of it. But you can see the smaller scale of stitching duplicating the stitching in the dark gray border.

2175474560094956607S600x600Q85.jpg

Thank you for looking.

Originally posted by PattyJo

Meg - I thought that too - the whole time I was quilting it, I kept thinking that it was too bad that the little guys name wasn't Tony!!! :D:P:D

pattyjo - if its true that great minds think alike - you are in trouble! :P:D:P:D

you really did a nice job on this - i wouldnt have had a clue what to do with something like that!

thanks everyone. I got some good nudges in the right direction from here when I posted in a panic. And my customer is a fairly new quilter, so she just kept saying - just do what you thing........my mind was blank. so thanks for all the help as well as the comments. :D

Thanks Linda R - That was the only part I knew that I wanted to do before I first posted here. That is such a good design (thanks to Miss Myrna) and it fits in especially on guy quilts or when the customer really doesn't want feathers and want leaves and vegetation of some sort instead.

And thanks for the Avatar comments. I needed to post some pics of myself for a friend, so I had to learn how to use the shutter timer on my camera! After about 15 pics, I finally got one that didn't look like it should be hanging in the Post Office. :D:D:D

Archived