bali star/civil war fabrics

i made this quilt for my dh's bday. i liked the bali star pattern and he likes all things americana. allover swirls, orange peels and beadboard on the border. nothing special about it - i am using it to figure out how to post pics with my new puter. :)

post--13461905759386_thumb.jpg

thanks shannon and heidi -

i'm feeling better about it now. the mac has been a HUGE adjustment, but it proves that i am not too old to learn something new! i bet i am doing the hardest and least efficient way, but i am doing it none the less!

one more to make sure i have it all down pat. of course i will forget it all by tomorrow.....

post--13461905759697_thumb.jpg

Originally posted by victoriasews

I found a great way to post from Mac. Put your pics in Iphoto. Highlight the one you want to post. Go to File and click export. A window comes up where you choose size. Choose Custom and put in 800 for the size. It will put it in your downloads so then all you have to do is post it to the site.

i have been using 450 for my size...now i will have to try 800. i have also been putting them into photo booth and posting from there. i just knew i was doing this the longest and hardest way possible. i will try and find a pic to try it on right now. thanks victoria!!!

800 ws too big - i used 600 for this one and i still think its a bit large. but the day is calling - will have to play more later. thaks again victoria - and everyone fr the nice comments.

post--13461905760609_thumb.jpg

Guest Linda S

I swore I responded to this post, but I guess it disappeared into the ether! Lovely quilts, Meg, and what a gorgeous pooch!

I really like that Bali Star block -- that Scrap Basket Quilts book has great stuff in it.

Linda

Archived