My new snow dyed fabric!

I love it, it looks like the sky on a dark day - maybe would try it, but was 20% C today !!! no chance of snow for quite some time here !!! At first glance I thought it was the top of a photograph as only the top part appears on my screen until scrolling down.

Too fun! I tried snow dyeing, but the instructions had you put the fabric in the bottom of a rubbermade container with the snow and dye on top. Then you had to bring it inside to melt it. We didn't get as lovely of results as you did on this.

I will be looking forward to seeing it with the additional colors added...

Enjoy the process!

Interesting piece, Kristina. I, too, thought it was the sky at first glance until I scrolled down. I bet the additional colors will really pop and make for a beautiful backing. Sorry you're still getting snow in spring, but it's giving you the chance to do more snow dyeing.:)

Ok, enlighten me. I thought that teal dyes had to be heated and kept a certain temp to take to the fabric. But on the otherhand I used black and blue and fuuschia and ended up with a beautiful teal result. Not sure what I'm doing so thought it was a happy mistake. Anyway the snow is gone here, but maybe not they are calling for some on Sunday again. "sigh" I ordered a bunch of dyes and hope to try some using other techniques too. What type of fabric are you using? I love that your posting, as this has really turned out to be a fun thing for me, which I never thought I would have the nerve to do. Your posts are making me want to try even more! thanks so much!

I love it just like it was.. great job.. I'm told they don't get enough snow around here, usually 2 small snowfalls.. this year would have worked... Michele, you shoulda been quicker... LOL.. thanks for starting it.. '

Kristina, that is great.. looks pretty and so big. You'll get good use from that.

At first, your fabric reminded me of a winter sky at the start of darkness, then the next time I looked at it (yes...I keep looking at it) I thhought it looked like a satelite picture of the northern hemisphere. I love it! Good work.

Archived