I CAN MAKE THEM ROUNDED !!!!!

.......................feathers, circles, curly Qs, loops......that is. Those M & M wheels are great. I put on a practice sandwich and just started moving the machine. It moves so easily and the ends of the feathers are actually rounded instead of square ! :D Just more PPP on technique and I am in business. I found myself using some of all the techniques I have DVDs for.............Kimmy Brunner, Myrna, Jamie Fallen, Claudia. I need to pick one and really learn it and then move on to another. Is that the way to go or just go for it and let my techinique figure itself out? I am so thrilled to be able to do this. :D:D:D:D

I want to just stay downstairs and PPP, but there is this little job I need to do first................LAUNDRY !

Keep going and being excited... and P P P PP P. it well pays off in the end.

I just changed track and wheels (non apqs) and gollllyyyyyy what a diff they have given me.. must as you described with yours.

Enjoy and post picts, please.????

:)

My Washer/Dryer are upstairs (share with my sewing room), but my longarm is downstairs. Guess I could kill two birds and get some extra exercise running up and down the stairs between PPPP and Laundry loads.........:P Oh well..........almost done with the "L", so I will have the rest of the day to myself. :)

I'm glad you're having so much fun.

Usually it takes just one quilt to really learn a technique or feather....not even a whole quilt most of the time. I always learn best when I'm actually working on a customer quilt. Shhhhh....don't tell them though.

Jess

Linda I am so happy for you :D my oh my Mryna is putting my new wheels in the mail the tomorrow after reading this post I am just jazzed ;) I am ready to take my quilting to the next level

I must say Mryna is just so sweet so easy to work with ~ she is always willing to go the extra mile for a customer

Linda, I've also got lots of DVDs and they are so helpful when learning new techniques. I did what Kim Brunner suggest - draw, draw draw! Then you build up muscle memory of the shapes of the feathers. Then I looked at Claudia Pfeil's DVD and decided to go through her DVD a step at a time, watching the DVD on a portable DVD player in front of my machine. I loaded it with spare black homespun and put on bright thread so I could see the thread path easily. I simply watched the first feather she did, then I went and stitched it out, then the next segment, and so forth until I had gone through the whole DVD.I really enjoyed practicing in this way and one day will do something with it!

I've also done what Jess does ...Shhh!

Originally posted by shelleywa

Linda, I've also got lots of DVDs and they are so helpful when learning new techniques. I did what Kim Brunner suggest - draw, draw draw! Then you build up muscle memory of the shapes of the feathers. Then I looked at Claudia Pfeil's DVD and decided to go through her DVD a step at a time, watching the DVD on a portable DVD player in front of my machine. I loaded it with spare black homespun and put on bright thread so I could see the thread path easily. I simply watched the first feather she did, then I went and stitched it out, then the next segment, and so forth until I had gone through the whole DVD.I really enjoyed practicing in this way and one day will do something with it!

I've also done what Jess does ...Shhh!

That's a great idea. I have a small laptop and can take it down by my machine. I will definitely do that as soon as I get some time. Busy week with too much other "stuff" interfering with my PPP time ! :P

Oh that " stuff"..... I was happy to stop quilting yesterday for awhile and go outside to rake and mow the lawn - had to - the Sun was finally shinning!!! It is still cold here....

shhh - don't tell my customers! Too many people wanting their quilts! ;)

Glad your machine is running so well! Enjoy and play all day! :cool:

Archived