Goodbye to a good friend

I just want to say....I have been doing to marathon quilting this past week or two, before Penny comes to get her "new" Millie. I use King Tut on the last quilt and did not have one sinle problem with tension or thread breaking....even used white thread on the back and tension was perfect. Now I am using Signature and, of course no problems there either. Penny is getting a great machine. I love no tension days!!!:)

I have to tell you...I have lost my inspiration for quilting....I'm pretty sure they call it burnout!! I am trying to get it back. I have some unfinished projects, like my theme quilt for MQS - "Salsa, Chips and Margaritas" ...I really want to finish this one, but if I quilt it I will need to do so on my domestic machine or come and visit one of you all for the weekend and borrow/rent a machine :D

Grandbabies...I can share....still inspired by them!!

Guest Linda S

Hehehe - you didn't think you could get away from us so easily, did you Mary Beth? Once you're in this gang, you don't get out so quickly! You'll always be one of the family. Hmmm - it won't let me insert smiley faces.

all i can say is wow!

i guess i never thought this day would come. i know you thought long and hard about this and it is what is best for you, and that burnout is a drag, but it is still a little sad for me to think about you saying goodbye to your millie. i hope you will stay in touch and visit the forum often with your wit and pics of the cute grands.

good luck to you, marybeth!

I typed a huge message to each one of you and the screen jumped and it was all gone except the message to Julie...must have been a sign :P

I love you all....I will be posting from time to time with my wit. It is really hard to post suggestions when you no longer quilt...it feels like you are not worthy or something....weird feeling.

Mary Beth,

Please don't disappear. I am just getting to know you and enjoy you here. I am a new longarm quilter and I will need your wisdom from time to time I am sure. Look back on all the experience you have! I sense that being a quilter is kinda like being a cowgirl. I had a bad brain injury a year ago and cannot ride competition any more because my balance is shot. I had to sell my horse but my friends at the barn assure me that once a cowgirl always a cowgirl and want me to still come and hang out with them sometimes and go to their competition events when they are in the area. They loan me their well trained horses to just walk/ trot in the arena now and then. I am still and always be a cowgirl and I am even watching and giving suggestions to some of the new riders at the barn. See because these gals know you will always be a quilter, though not as often now, that is why they are offering to let you use their machines. You will honor them and the craft by accepting their offer. ;-) that is a wink symbol.

Sharon

Mary Beth,

You selling your machine, but so much belonging to this Forum group, reminds me of my neighborhood garden club. Many of the ladies have been members for about 50 years (nuts and mints are still served each meeting, and we don't get our coffee until after business is completed...). Some of the older members have sold their homes and moved out of the neighborhood into smaller homes, condos or apartments that are easier to manage. The garden club passed a policy that these people can remain members for life, even though they no longer live in the neighborhood. I hope you stay with us as well, as you are very much a part of this group, machine or no machine. We can still pick your brain with all of your past experiences.

Claudia that is funny. MB silly girl, you will always be worthy.

You helped most of us get started and correct me if I'm wrong but you were/are the "forum posting Queen", check out those numbers ladies and gents. You also have to keep Hallies "aunties" up to date! We expect to attend her wedding.:cool::cool:

Thank you all....you are all so good to me!!

Claudia....I thought about you when I thought about "renting"....you and Shana and my friend Beth Duran.

I had to concede the title of posting queen...I believe we have a new reigning Princess!! But I did hold the title for a good long while and have gone down in history as the person with a lot of nothing to say!! (smilies are disabled....I hate that!).

Archived