So glad no one was here to see this!!!

OK, so we have 4 bar stools that we bought 25, yes, 25 years ago and one by one they have been falling apart as I move them back and forth while I sit in them to do micro and custom quilting...(no wheels). Today I answered the phone and sat back down and the whole chair collapsed and we (both the chair and I) all went down on the floor!!! Yes, I guess I could loose about 20 lbs but that wouldn't be enough to collapse a chair... a first for me! BUT.....I did just yesterday finally order a saddle stool....:P - just in the nick of time...

Just thought a little chuckle would be fun!

Thanks for the laugh. I sure could relate. I am usually alone when I do such things. So glad that you did not get hurt. It could have been bad.

Too bad that we regulars on the forum can't all teleport ourselves to same place and have a laughs together for a few hours. Where is Scotty when you need him.

I guess the forum is the next best thing!

Remember, Vicki, we're not laughing at you...we're laughing WITH you. :D My DH's wobbly shop stool will end up landing me on the floor someday if I don't hurry up and order a saddle stool, too. Thanks for the reminder and glad you weren't hurt.

Jeri, I can relate. I love my saddle stool but so do my teenage sons. When they come to the studio they sit on it and mess around with the positioning knobs. They think it is funny to loosen the knob that allows the seat to rock forward or backward and then walk away! The next time I sit on it I nearly get "bucked off":o I love that I can reposition the seat to ease the strain on my back but I guess boys will be boys...it won't be so funny if their mom gets hurt and they have to do my pig chores each morning!?!?

Originally posted by jeri

Hope you are OK. Sounds like something I would do! Keep looking a saddle stools but twice in the same day at MQS I tipped those over and they are supposed to be stable!

I may be selling mine...we could equip it with a seat belt if that would help ;)

I looked back at other threads and saw what everyone seemed to like - however when I went to that website they were out of stock (it seems lots of people liked it), so I found the same chair at staples for about $30.00 more but free shipping. I had hoped to go down to the store and try it out but they did not carry it in the store, only on line so I went ahead and ordered it anyway....my only worry is that I have carpet and hope it rolls ok on the carpet - but since I was moving a chair all the time with no wheels, this has to be better than my collapsing chair!

Libby, I'll try to remember not to lean back!

:D

Archived