Latest Dia de los Muertos quilt now with photo????

OK.....(pardon the pun)... no bones about it....this quilt is marvelous!

I totally am cracking up laughing my @$$ off... :P :P

Your continued progress and work using the Dia de los Muertos theme... you are something else, NANCY!!

What scene will your skeletons be in next??? Should we guess?

PS: I totally love the little seahorse tail wrapped around the finger. LOL! And... oh the bubbles coming out of the snorkel. Too much!! :P That's sew kewl.

Shana: Yes, for sure, please DO guess what Dia de los Muertos quilt is coming next. People are always suggesting ideas for the next theme and I do appreciate it. If you can keep a secret ;) I just started work on Flower Children de los Muertos (can you picture a hippie couple w/beads & flowers & a Volkswagen bus) for a gallery show in September. I also need to create four small pieces for the same show so all your ideas are very welcome.

For those who may not be familiar with the Mexican tradition: early each November is a time to remember dear departed family & friends. Graveyards are cleaned up, altars are built in homes which celebrate the lives of those who have passed (recalling their favorite pastimes, foods, etc.). It's a way of keeping them alive through memories. There are special foods and folk art which support this practice...my Dia de los Muertos quilts are inspired by all the whimsical imagery which is part of this observance.

The next large DDLM quilt I'll be doing for the next Tucson Quilt Fiesta (in January) will be some golfers on a putting green. Don't have a name for it yet...just fabric :D and a sketch.

Is it something odd in the ocean? de los, I think is the lost No idea what Muertos means. Dia isn't a number as I first thought. Maybe it means dead and the Muertos might be bones or skeleton, or anorexic bodies:);):P:P?

Fun to try.

Archived