UPDATE ....My 'BEAUTY' won "VIEWER'S CHOICE" - UPDATE...!!!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks so very very much Lisa and Shana.....

I haven't posted in a very long time, in the past 2 years I've had a hip replacement and two knees replaced, and my sweet husband Bill passed away last year. Had a lot on the ol' plate for sure. Haven't felt much like getting out to my studio and my poor Fabio has been gathering a lot of dust....but....life is getting better and am looking forward to getting back to what I love so much and that is quilting. I've been piecing another PP quilt that hopefully be done by the end of the month..... With the new M&M wheels on Fabio, we should be "rockin'&rollin' " sometime soon.....

I've enjoyed reading all of your posts/pictures, a lot of things we all share in common.....Take care all my "quilting friends" ...and again, thanks for all your sweet sweet/kind comments.....Hugs,

LindaB

So sorry to hear about the loss of your dear husband. I can relate to the hips surgery and can certainly understand why you've not been quilting. Life just gets in the way. So glad you are back to quilting and posting.

You have created a beautiful quilt. It is stunning and I love your color choices. I have admired quilts of this caliber for a while now. May I ask you how you go about picking colors for your quilt? I don't have room for a stash so I would have to go out and buy the fabrics for such a project and was just wonder how you determine where each color goes.

Again you do beautiful work and I sure would have voted for your quilt.

KathyD

Originally posted by LindaB

Thank You all so very much you all for your kudos.....

I pieced this quilt I think 4 years ago, not sure if you can see the outside borders. There are 7 of them.....and they had to be mitered..... Quite a learning experience to put all 7 of them together at one time, lots of pins.....I agonized over the quilting of the borders and finally decided to SID all of the borders......I didn't want the quilting to compete with the fabrics, etc....

Anyway, thanks again for your sweet comments....

Happy Quilting

I think I remember you hauling this around from place to place piecing it! LOL

So glad you decided to share the quilt Linda, it is really beautiful!! and,,,,,, 7 borders, you were not kidding! :)

;);););););)

Glad it got Viewers choice!

Archived