Holy Jackpot, Batman! Sort of quilt-related.

Guest Linda S

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How wonderful for all of you..those unexpected surprises are the best. In September a friend and I were going around town to sell raffle tickets for our guild quilt, and well as luck would have it Christie was also selling tickets for a cash raffle for the Montana Cowboy Hall of Fame..so of course, we felt obligated to buy a ticket each. Well, a few weeks ago, she called and said I had won the first place $2000----NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yes, I have had it spent several times, in several different ways. One friend "suggested" how I should spend it...told her Thanks, but no thanks...gonna spend this on ME Love these unexpected things. I called everyone I knew and told them, the next day, my sis called to say she had been thinking about this. She says "you know all those people who wonder how you can afford to donate all the quilted items you donate---well here you go--God is giving back to you in a good way" I love to donate items for any benefit that comes along, because I feel I have a God given gift in quilting, and it is my job and duty to donate and share my gift.

Enjoy your winnings Linda, it makes you warm and fuzzy inside doesn't it? Life is good, even on not such good days.

Congratulations Linda! Your story put a big smile on my face. Such a wonderful, feel good story. So happy and excited for you!

Lol, I'm at a retreat right now and can't imagine it getting much better than this then I read your story. Perhaps I should ask the ladies if they want to play the lottery. ;) The jackpot is $50M right now.

Guest Linda S

Definitely a wonderful memory. When I saw the ticket, I began jumping up and down. The gals didn't realize what it meant, but I knew it was at least $100,000. I ran to the dining hall with my laptop and googled and found out it was $200,000. We were having fun then!!:P

Archived