Making my own designed wholecloth!!

I am so excited! I have just spent the last 4 days , designing and marking a whloecloth that I designed by myself!! I am loading it up right now, and just got excited and had to post!! :P I am about ready to start quilting it! It looks really neat on paper! Hope I can control "Gracie" good enough to make it look good on the material!! Here I go!!!:D:D Wish me well!!!

Wow, Linda I do wish you luck but I think you will do an amazing job and I can't wait to see it. Did you take a wholecloth class or did you just wing it from books etc.. I wouldnt know where to start to design one myself. You may think you need luch but we know the talent that you have is not luck!!

Originally posted by lindasewsit

Janette, Did you enjoy the process? I really did !!! I just went for a run, going to eat supper , then start the quilting! Be sure to post yours too when you have it quilted!!

Yes I did thanks, it was quite addictive drawing them out and mirroring it all etc. I am not quite confident yet though to quilt it out, but will see how it goes.

Hope yours goes well.:)

Hi all! I didn't get to it last night... but started it this morning.... I have been 1 HOUR and 30 MINUTES JUST doing some simple circles!! Supposed to be one of the easiest parts of this quilt!! I could not get them to be equal distances apart from each other... I think you call them consentric circles? I was using my lines and everything, but they were not even!!!:mad::mad::mad: !!! I frogged about 6 times~! errr!! But, I kept at it, realized I was slipping, so I put new stuff on my rulers to "hold" them better. I now have 2 spots done that should have taked about 20 minutes at the most..... oh well Lesson learned!! Think I will go eat some lunch and then come back to it.... ever feel like you're just not supposed to be doing something ???:o I have to go to work at 3:30, so I will see how much of this I get done this afternoon!! Thanks for listening to me rant!!! :)

Archived