NQR Share Photos of Your Pet Buddies

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, now that I finally finished that quilt, I'm gonna take the time to post my dogs. They are all different, in both size and personalities. We sure get a lot of attention when we go for a walk in the neighbor hood. I can't get them all in one shot, because the great dane thinks theYorkie is her personal play thing, and the yorkie is not amused.:D

The black poodle with the great dane, is supposed to be a toy, but he ended up being quite a bit bigger than expected. It ended up being good for him though, because he's just a big ole goof ball, and he and the great dane play together very well. The great dane is 6 months old. She's pretty good, but still has a lot of puppy to get under control if you know what I mean. The yorkie is pretty skittish. He really likes my husband the best, but in his absense, will follow me around:) The white poodle is the oldest. She is 5 1/2 yrs old, and broke her paw this summer. She wore a cast for about 3 months, but the bones never would heal, so they finally amputated her whole leg. I think it was harder on me than it was on her. She gets around great, but she is a bit disdainful of the other dogs. She was very close to our great dane that we lost in February, and the other three have come along since him. She's never really warmed up to any of them. She really did not want to pose with the yorkie:P

2590433790107119966S425x425Q85.jpg

2765516360107119966S425x425Q85.jpg

2332484530107119966S425x425Q85.jpg

I have to share also. I have three Jack Russell Terriers. This is a picture of my "heart and soul" dog. His name is Zing. He is my love and quite the Momma's boy. He and his sister Quizno are performance champions competing up and down the east coast in all kinds of events like agility, racing, go-to-ground....

quilts17.jpg

This is my little female named Quizno- quite the trouble maker- very active and always into something. See the little devil in her eyes.

quilts14.jpg

My 3rd dog is a special needs rescue. His name is Buzz and he's 13 1/2 yrs old. Unfortunately, he was so badly beaten and kicked when he was very young that he has a lot of issues and requires special handling/care. One thing they did was stomp on his feet so badly that he has panic attacks if you touch his feet. We have had him turn blue at the vet after they clipped one toe nail. But he has a safe quiet home here with DH and myself and we love him.

quilts18.jpg

Kim

I'm so glad that Buzz has finally found a home where he can be loved and treated the way that he deserves. I used to have Mozart, who also had been beaten, but he had many happy and loving years with me. We lost him when he was about 20 years, I got to have him for 15.

I'll post photos of my current babies as soon as I get the camera and the critters in the same room.

Oops. Grabbed the wrong photo and it was too big. Weeble, aka "Petunia Pug" has a bed under my longarm, one in my sewing room, one in the TV room, and 2 others. She mostly likes to sleep in the winter time with her behind mashed up against Toby. I think she gets cold. Also doesn't hear anymore, so I think by sitting on Toby she can keep track of where he goes so she doesn't miss anything.

post--13461907767782_thumb.jpg

Hi Beth,

We've had Buzz for over 12.5 years- I think he was around 6mos when he came. I was a foster home and he was so fearful of everything that I just kept him. He still screams in fear if you hand him a treat... I hate people who abuse animals! Wow! You had Mozart a really long time- wonderful you took him in and gave him a great home.

Archived